Phailing Phantom-- How Phar Will They Phall?

According to... judges? Not so. (note: you're the one who has defended judges regularly)

Also, I'd amend your statement to "if the show is entertaining given the group that is performing it, then the design might very well be fine."

2003 Phantom Regiment had an amazing brass design and an amazing overall concept. I got warm and fuzzies about the direction of the corps. The guard design wasn't great, and the drill was pretty bad.

I'm really not sure why "being in finals" is no easy feat. This is the Phantom Regiment we're talking about. Give me a break.

The top five is incredibly strong this year. There's no reason why a solid design wouldn't have them in sixth.

The judges have this corps in 7th place. They seem to think this show is a solid design compared to what people on DCP have been saying about this show.

It is no easy feat because of the competition at the top. If you want to have unrealistic expectations, so be it. I am content (note, I don't say I'm excited) with their placement and show this year. By the way, wait until the season is over before you write them off from 6th place.

Edit: Anyways, I'm done trying to argue through the negativity. I'm wasting my time. Just going to put it all on ignore and focus on the positives of Regiment's season.

Once again, good luck at the TOC show tonight Phantom!

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

The judges have this corps in 7th place. They seem to think this show is a solid design compared to what people on DCP have been saying about this show.

It is no easy feat because of the competition at the top. If you want to have unrealistic expectations, so be it. I am content (note, I don't say I'm excited) with their placement and show this year. By the way, wait until the season is over before you write them off from 6th place.

Technically they've been in 8th counting the Cavies. I'm still not counting out Madison and with the score that Blue Stars posted last night (just under Cavies, thought at different shows), they may be in the running as well.

Unrealistic? Please. I'm not expecting Scott Chandler ability, but something better than they have would be fitting.

Technically they've been in 8th counting the Cavies. I'm still not counting out Madison and with the score that Blue Stars posted last night (just under Cavies, thought at different shows), they may be in the running as well.

Unrealistic? Please. I'm not expecting Scott Chandler ability, but something better than they have would be fitting.

Sorry, edited my post a little late. Just thought I'd let you know in case you wonder why the quoted post is different from the actual one.

• Like 1

. And of course, you care SO deeply about this corps which is why you're outing this information so that they can "fix it." I get it. You've said it atleast 15 times now. I'm just tired of hearing it from you, especially considering the corps is in a fine position right now.

!

The last four seasons: 3rd....6th.....7th.....and now 8th?

Fine, I suppose. Fine by Regiment standards?? An upward trajectory?

Now, I could say a #### ton more about how I think things aren't going well. If you want the full reason behind my anger towards admin, just PM me. There's nothing like being treated like #### for a summer and then almost getting left in the middle of nowhere that makes someone hold a grudge.

This explains volumes. Every once in a while you get "that guy/girl" in the corps that make it in and when you actually get on the road....well anyone that's marched a few years has seen this.

• Like 1

I thought they would definitely be taking advantage of the rule change with lights, considering they named the show city of light.

seems like a missed opportunity...

Was that a rule change? I thought they were already legal, just no one had put them on a uniform yet