Singing All At Once and Trends in Drum Corps

One group does it successfully others try to mirror it. 2005 cadets I think was a leader in the narration and you see what happened from there. Or the corps finds out someone has a great talent like the juggler and go why not throw it in. I know in indoor they ask can anyone do anything special and try to put it in (notice about 2-3 years ago all people did were back flips and people went crazy)

I have had a theory for a long time now. If you are in the performing arts and are doing any sort of show, if there is someone in the group that can do backflips, you MUST use them in that show. Not that it would be nice, or maybe you should - no, you are OBLIGATED under penalty of law and imprisonement to use those backflips in that show :)

I do a lot of theater work with playing in pit orchestras, and that's where that theory came from a long time ago. Drum corps shows are no different :)

I have had a theory for a long time now. If you are in the performing arts and are doing any sort of show, if there is someone in the group that can do backflips, you MUST use them in that show. Not that it would be nice, or maybe you should - no, you are OBLIGATED under penalty of law and imprisonement to use those backflips in that show :)

I do a lot of theater work with playing in pit orchestras, and that's where that theory came from a long time ago. Drum corps shows are no different :)

Medford, L.I. Golden Grenadiers had back in the late '60's a drrum major who entered the field doing forward flips, back flips, and one handed stands. And then there was the Circus show done by The Cavaliers who had jugglers, gymnasts, and everything but bearded ladies. That was early DCI.

Edited by xandandl

He's limping mighty good after coming out of those splits. Hah!

• Like 1