San Antonio Lineup

Crown was my favorite of the night-- that hornline had an almost visceral effect on me in person. I just love their show. Balls to the wall, powerful, drum corps. (Though I do agree that the ending needs some work.)

Even though the Cadets were awesome, I was surprised that BD didn't take them. I thought BD had better balance over all and, at this stage at least, seemed the most polished top to bottom. And their hornline sounded glorious. (And I thought they marched really well too.)

• Like 3

On Monday Bloo and Crown are going head to head in Lafayette with no close competition so that will be interesting

I don't think I've ever seen a negative spread in relation of content to achievement in GE.

Crown:

GE 1 - .2 Achievement over Content.

GE 2 - .1 Content over Achievement.

GE 3 - .3 Achievement over Content.

GE 4 - .1 Achievement over Content.

Total - They're outperforming their show by .5.

In comparison:

The Cadets - Outperforming their show by .2.

Blue Devils - .1 in favor of content.

Bluecoats - .5 in favor of content.

Santa Clara Vanguard - .4 in favor of content.

Crown's performing like a champion with a show that doesn't have any gas in its tank as it stands. Without some rewrites they're going to stall. If their show was up to the level of 2013, they'd be unbeatable. Performance levels are keeping them up there right now, but we'll see how long that lasts once everyone starts cleaning up.

• Like 7

Yep, that beast (DT), always nails Cadets and BD always on top by a margin. Bluecoats over Cadets in VA. I like their show but I don't see Visual being their strength.

Edited by Tobias

We have more than 2 weeks of drum corps left, you're declaring only 2 corps having a chance, and I'M THE ONE GETTING AHEAD OF MYSELF?

Okay.

we have 3 weeks left and I said "it seems like a 2 corps race AT THIS TIME" -- hence, as of this evening's result. 1.1 between second and third is HUGE especially with Crown's low content and rep scores. If their content / comp scores were better I would feel differently. The show is holding the corps back.

Crowns gonna get another gold this year. :)