I swear I learn something every day reading your posts about the weather.

haha good :cool: I try and keep it simple to understand. I could go MUCH further into detail trust me...but aside from boring most people, it would be a bit confusing. lol. Heck, sometimes it confuses me. :tounge2:

• Like 1

I swear I learn something every day reading your posts about the weather.

Yes, thanks, rainshdw!

Convective energy = lots of surface heating from the hot sun.

CAP = a layer of relatively stable air aloft that can prevent air from rising past it, potentially preventing significant precipitation development. This is putting it too simply, but if the air can rise fast enough (if the air "near" the ground has enough energy) then it can punch through the CAP. When it does, it can be explosive and create significant thunderstorms very quickly.

Trigger = convective energy alone can be inadequate to punch through the CAP in a widespread way (in a way other than causing small pop-up thunderstorms). Frontal energy or significant outflows from thunderstorms that manage to form can provide the extra juice.

• Like 2

Assuming Bluecoats new ending is going in over the next two days, probably won't see it tonight. Regardless, I'm excited to see where they fit in. I think for now, Cadets and BD will be 1st/2nd, and Bluecoats in between them and the SCV/Crown duo.

When I went to see BD rehearse in Grand Terrace a few weeks ago here in SoCal, I heard talks of a new closer coming in around Murfeesboro/Atlanta shows. I wasn't shocked. I knew that ending was just a filler. Lets see what BD has up their sleeve.

In unrelated weather news, we had a lovely bow echo move over Ft. Wayne today. I was showing my dad the radar and explaining it and he just said, "So. It's gonna rain?"

• Like 2

Let's hope the stadium mics use a different frequency from the ones in Delalb.

Also with Cavaliers followed by Phantom we will know the real relation between the two band teams.

When I went to see BD rehearse in Grand Terrace a few weeks ago here in SoCal, I heard talks of a new closer coming in around Murfeesboro/Atlanta shows. I wasn't shocked. I knew that ending was just a filler. Lets see what BD has up their sleeve.

I do like that they are playing more of Last Midnight melody. I think a nice company front would bring some power to the show. It's better than it was. You know there is a lot they are going to do with this show.

I do like that they are playing more of Last Midnight melody. I think a nice company front would bring some power to the show. It's better than it was. You know there is a lot they are going to do with this show.

I could not agree with you more. They are not done with this show. Not by a long shot. And I know they are well aware of the Bluecoats monster GE show. And that breathtaking killer ending Cadets have. BD will adjust. They will be fine.

Isn't it exciting wondering who is gonna win tonight and not who is gonna be the closest? I could care less who comes out on top in the end, but I want some DRAMA in places besides 13th - 20th. It's fun.

It's ABSOLUTELY fun. MUCH better than last year (imo). NO corps this year is undefeated and there are so many strong shows that leave you wondering who's gonna win the next night.

It's ABSOLUTELY fun. MUCH better than last year (imo). NO corps this year is undefeated and there are so many strong shows that leave you wondering who's gonna win the next night.

As much as it pains me to see BD lose (DARN YOU BD!! LMAO!) I have to agree this year is really exciting. And now the Coats are joining the party tonight. Can't wait. It's going to be a slugfest till the end. Who ever comes out on top this year will have clearly earned it.

• Like 1