I agree that Cadets show concept is kind of out there and dull as far as an entertaining abstract show goes, but the music and kids are so #### good I would be 100% ok with them winning gold.

That's dull? I'm still out of breath from watching that. They're freaking amazing.

That JD Shaw can still write a horn book! So effective, yet very playable and in the sweet spot of the instruments. Between he and Klesch, those brass staffs have to love teaching these shows!!

• Like 1

1. Cadets

2. BD

3. Bloo

4. SCV

5. Crown

6. Cavies

7. Phantom

• Like 3

Solid performance for SCV. They have some tasty drill. Not wild about the music book. Brass sounded great tonight, and percussion is killer. The strength of this program is clearly visual and percussion, but the rest ain't bad. :) They may have passed Crown tonight. Let's see how their guard did.

Can anyone explain the significance of SCV's ballad flags? They change from hawk/owls? to doves? Is that a specific reference to Tesla's life somehow?

They're pigeons. In his later years, Tesla found great peace in feeding pigeons, and became close to one in particular (in his mind, at least).

To quote the man himself:

"I have been feeding pigeons, thousands of them, for years, but there was one pigeon, a beautiful bird, pure white with light gray tips on its wings. That one was different... No matter where I was that pigeon would find me; when I wanted her I had only to wish and call her and she would come flying to me... I loved that pigeon... I loved her as a man loves a woman, and she loved me."

• Like 1

That's dull? I'm still out of breath from watching that. They're freaking amazing.

By dull, I think he means there aren't enough references to 10.

• Like 1

I predict that Bloo's guard will get a mysteriously low score tonight lol

• Like 2