We Are Fixin To Go To Belton

. . . called that one. :tounge2:

they have the ability go back and change their numbers. i'm pretty sure the staffs werent happy either

The reason why people talk about corps on here is when they do something that catches their eye.

Seems to me that plenty of DCP comments have nothing to do with visuals. I'm thinking of all the praise for Blue Devils' and Bluecoats' ballads last year, for instance.

Pioneer had an 80-set drill rewrite put in about 5 days ago. If the staff can keep the kids motivated and improving, their upside is likely higher than Surf's

I completely agree.

and maybe (a big maybe) Cascades'.

I agree that this is "a big maybe".

It is definitely higher than the Open Class corps around them save for SCVC and BDB.

Having yet to see most of the O.C. corps this year, I'd agree that Pioneer's show is definitely written to a higher level than Genesis's, but it's nowhere near as polished.

Kudos for mentioning Brad Bell. The first time I heard him announce, at one of Legends shows a few years ago, I made a point to find him afterwards and compliment his work. There is at least one more announcer who should be mentioned in this group: Fran Haring, who announces some DCA shows, usually including Finals. And he posts regularly to DCP.

In Ohio, the announcer for OMEA state marching band finals is quite good. Although he sounded pretty hoarse at the end of those five days.

Fran has done some DCI work as well

they have the ability go back and change their numbers. i'm pretty sure the staffs werent happy either

Does this mean scores can be overturned after the fact? If so, has that happened yet at any show?

Edited by Liahona

Does this mean scores can be overturned after the fact? If so, has that happened yet at any show?

i have no idea who has changed scores. but the option is there for judges to adjust scores, usually at an intermission....i forget the nameof the system, but you go til intermission, andif you need to go and adjust numbers to get spreads and rankings right, you can. almost every circuit around uses this. Once you turn them into the tab, that's the number, but before you hand them in, you can change them

A person with a Percussion background ( a Drum is afterall, a musical instrument ) generally can be considered by that background alone, more capable of judging a blended GE caption ( of music & visual ) than a Guard person can be considered by that background alone capable of judging a blended GE caption. The person with the Guard background ( without musical training on a musical instrument ) is only capable by their Guard experience/ training to judge the GE Visual side. Absent that musical training, experience, playing of a musical instrument, they are no more capable of judging the musical side of the GE caption than the man in the moon is, imo... or anyone else here that has a musical training, experience, or plays a musical instrument in coordination with others in a musical ensemble. Some of the best Guard instructors... and we know this.... can't tell you what a chromatic scale is. They think its something to weigh yourself on.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

i have no idea who has changed scores. but the option is there for judges to adjust scores, usually at an intermission....i forget the nameof the system, but you go til intermission, andif you need to go and adjust numbers to get spreads and rankings right, you can. almost every circuit around uses this. Once you turn them into the tab, that's the number, but before you hand them in, you can change them

Okay..thanks for the clarification...that makes sense and sounds okay to me...especially if a judge has poor numbers management for whatever reason.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time BK has ever beaten PR by more than 2 points.

Could be.

I do know that the Blue Knights have never, ever topped the Cavaliers before in competition

Will that come to an end ? Stay tuned. I believe we are about to see BK top the Cavaliers for the first time ever.

• Like 2