We Are Fixin To Go To Belton

It's quite accurate as of a couple of years ago. They have the same criteria and it is *supposed* to be the same view from each. While it is true one is usually proficient in music and the other in visual (they do this on purpose), the caption is the same.

bingo.

Despite their background and training, they are essentially utilizing the same established criteria and are essentially judging the same thing. But they both completely, and utterly disagreed on their mutual evaluations of the same things they were watching and evaluating. Sort of like us DCPers sometimes ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

GE is a BLENDED caption.. or is supposed to be.

Hart and Bell are given 20 points each, and are judging the same GE caption with the same established criteria to utilize in their evaluation. At least thats how I understand the new changes were to work anyway.

What season did this occur? Because I have the actual sheets that were re-created in 2012 and it clearly says General Effect Visual and General Effect Music...

God ####, love recaps like this!

really?

What season did this occur? Because I have the actual sheets that were re-created in 2012 and it clearly says General Effect Visual and General Effect Music...

I believe last year was the first year to do it.

Okay thanks...I didn't get the memo....LOL

Okay thanks...I didn't get the memo....LOL

Don't worry, the judges tonight didn't get the memo either.

• Like 1

Blending both GE captions is a terrible idea. This recap is proof that this system is broken & needs to be fixed. Let drum guys judge drums, horn guys horns, & visual guys visual.

• Like 1

How do Crossmen score 3rd in brass, but 8th in music analysis?

And Boston scores 7th in brass and 3rd in music analysis?

Are you asking for the judges scores to make rational sense to you ?

Its a matter of trust. You have to trust that a judge that has ( for another example ) a Corps in first place in a caption, and another judge that has that Corps in 7th place in the same caption know what they are doing. if you think they both do, then you are cool with these scores and placements. But if you don't trust that the judges know what they are doing, then you are bound to be future frustrated, angry with this. Its the way it is. Trust it, or don't. Those are the 2 choices, really.

Edited by BRASSO

This is the kind of stuff that should be posted on the dci.org website and not just in a news article. Post all the rules for all to see...It's called transparency...that is what each caption stands for and how they are supposed to be judged on what specific criteria etc...irregardless whether they actually even know what GE means anyway...LOL

• Like 1