Fastest Growing Youth Activity in America?

For those who think that marching/music competition includes both DCI/DCA drum corps and nationwide HS MB, the numbers certainly apply.For those who do not agree with that concept, the millions would of course be a...er...stretch.

I love the fact that BD got this story, and I don't take anything away from them for getting this coverage.

And I'm all for spinning facts about our little hobby in the most optimistic lipstick we can find, so long as it doesn't stretch credulity.

In another thread we saw DCI being depicted by a video that's now 7 years old. It's not on ESPN, there aren't 110 shows, the activity isn't a lot of things it was even back then.

The average reader of this article would presume from the writing that drum corps compete in front of millions of fans each year, no matter how innocently the factoid was spun into the story.

Accurate representation of the activity should be more than a casual conversation, IMO, where we're quick to dismiss errors of fact about what drum corps is and is not.

Lipstick can also be used to cover accountability in a mask of self-congratulation.

• Like 1

can you define what IS is?

You must be channeling Bill Clinton this afternoon, Jeff( lol!)

You must be channeling Bill Clinton this afternoon, Jeff( lol!)

well, I didn't want to discuss nucular technology

well, I didn't want to discuss nucular technology

I'm glad you made that choice, as I don't even know what that is.( haha!)

I believe that Computer Games is " the fastest growing youth activity in America"

• Like 1

Interesting as the Comic Book industry took a few big hits over the past decade or so. Haven't paid that much attention but there was a growth spurt of new publishers and then things cooled off and some went under. Now Marvel is raising things with a crapload of movies that are actually well made. Another thing that runs in cycles....

Still waiting for the sports cards interest to come back (have some crap I could get rid of). Had lot of local shops in the area with local shows in the malls. Then things... just..... died.......