Murfreesboro, TN: Tour of Champions (7/24/15)

Contrary to what a lot of people think, I don't think SCV has a show to really challenge the top 4 and I do think BK has a show that can challenge SCV. That would be my answer to your question.

Now...do I really think BK will end up in 5th? No. Do I think BK will end up in 6th? Yes...but they will be getting intense pressure by Cavies and PR.

BK SHOULD be setting their sights on 5th, though, and don't worry about 7th or 8th.

end of the season 1 or both pass them. Scv does have a chance. It's the favorite show of the top 5 and can win if they can clean it.
  • Like 3

To be honest I thought Cadets won after watching everyone. My son didn't even know they (BD) won until I told him since they always have to load the truck as soon as they are done.

I was very impressed with Crown also and the new Coats ending is super cool. I hate to say it but I'm starting to like that Run Boy Run thing the Cavaliers are doing. lol They looked great!

I noticed that the red scarf thingy Crown has over the brass they have members clawing at the fabric I guess to escape "hell" or what have you. I didn't notice that before. Did they drop members from playing to clean it up or was it always that way? My only complaint with Crown is too many triangles in their show. They could win it all I'm sure. They might do it too.

I have to say that the best encore performance I have ever seen goes to Cavaliers! WOW they should get extra points for that. What an incredible group!

To be honest I thought Cadets won after watching everyone. My son didn't even know they (BD) won until I told him since they always have to load the truck as soon as they are done.

I was very impressed with Crown also and the new Coats ending is super cool. I hate to say it but I'm starting to like that Run Boy Run thing the Cavaliers are doing. lol They looked great!

I noticed that the red scarf thingy Crown has over the brass they have members clawing at the fabric I guess to escape "hell" or what have you. I didn't notice that before. Did they drop members from playing to clean it up or was it always that way? My only complaint with Crown is too many triangles in their show. They could win it all I'm sure. They might do it too.

I have to say that the best encore performance I have ever seen goes to Cavaliers! WOW they should get extra points for that. What an incredible group!

Illuminati confirmed! :ninja:
  • Like 1

Contrary to what a lot of people think, I don't think SCV has a show to really challenge the top 4 and I do think BK has a show that can challenge SCV. That would be my answer to your question.

Now...do I really think BK will end up in 5th? No. Do I think BK will end up in 6th? Yes...but they will be getting intense pressure by Cavies and PR.

BK SHOULD be setting their sights on 5th, though, and don't worry about 7th or 8th.

Very much agree, Herk.

Blue Knights are wonderful this year. Beautiful production, unique sounding brass that (to this untrained ear) sounds top shelf. Add in a carefully matched dril and Guard, and they're doing something that REALLY gets my attention. I congratulate Blue Knights!

Santa Clara is just stronger by enough, I think, to remain above Blue Knights the rest of the way. I tend to think Santa Clara has a legitimate shot at 4th in Indy. If so, probably at the expense of Bluecoats (sorry, Bloo fans). But, you know, in a year when everyone is keeping within about a point of each other, positions can go up, or down, 2 places. Would not take much. Seventh Place through 12 has its own crap shoot going. Amazing year all around!

• Like 1

Have to say, not surprised that Crown got second. It is who they passed in order to get there that I was surprised by. I thought BD had a pretty rough run visually (at least on the high cam) and I actually thought the Cadets had a pretty strong performance. Oh well, I will just chalk this up to DCI creating pre regional hype and also letting the Cadets know that they better do some significant visual changes in order to keep up. Maybe even change the uniform!

Have to say, not surprised that Crown got second. It is who they passed in order to get there that I was surprised by. I thought BD had a pretty rough run visually (at least on the high cam) and I actually thought the Cadets had a pretty strong performance. Oh well, I will just chalk this up to DCI creating pre regional hype and also letting the Cadets know that they better do some significant visual changes in order to keep up. Maybe even change the uniform!

As fans, we tend to watch the overall show whereas judges are beaming in on very specific areas so maybe an off percussion run combined with their 4-5th place guard on a night where Crown nailed it would result in what we saw last night.

As fans, we tend to watch the overall show whereas judges are beaming in on very specific areas so maybe an off percussion run combined with their 4-5th place guard on a night where Crown nailed it would result in what we saw last night.

Yeah, Crown was definitely on fire last night. Almost a perfect storm to land where they did. On to the next show. I am sure the kids are stoked though.

Actually we tend to watch what the camera shows us. So we miss most of the show or we see the whole show but cant discriminate any details at all. I always find it amazing that viewers see so much through a streaming video! Comcast must filter my feed :ninja:

I'm a Cadet homer but I always like Crown. They are a force to be reckoned with every season.

• Like 2

I noticed that the red scarf thingy Crown has over the brass they have members clawing at the fabric I guess to escape "hell" or what have you. I didn't notice that before. Did they drop members from playing to clean it up or was it always that way?

In the theater broadcast I noticed the scarf almost took out three or four members while getting caught on their hats. At the Denton show I saw them take their hats off and stick their arm through them to hold them, AND had members drop out to hold up the scarf to prevent it potentially getting caught on someone. It also creates a thematic "effect" of trying to escape too. Win/win and pretty clever fix.