DCI SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP OFFICIAL THREAD

I personally think the Mandarins were drastically underscored. I really liked their show in person.

I really like the Cascades uniforms

They're like the ######## child* of Spirit and Crossmen.

*Note: ######## children have been made cool by Jon Snow in Game of Thrones/A Song of Fire and Ice. This was not an insult. I quite like them as well.

Edit - Apparently the b word for a child born out of wedlock is censored here. That's silly.

Edited by FuriousSoundbyte
  • Like 1

When is there ever - anywhere? Here on DCP I have personally tried to keep lower tier corps show threads alive - and failed many times over. I give up.

Agreed. So often it is just about the top 6 and rightly so, we're always following the competition for first. It's not that we forget about them, they're just not as compelling to the masses. I find numbers of ppl in the stands representative of this. I always like to support the lower tiers and I'm always there for the long haul at the shows, but so often the lower tiers do not get the attention they deserve. We are captivated by headlines, and 15th just doesn't have the cache as the fight for 1st or high brass and drums. Bottom line, big names bring big attention.

Agreed. So often it is just about the top 6 and rightly so, we're always following the competition for first. It's not that we forget about them, they're just not as compelling to the masses. I find numbers of ppl in the stands representative of this. I always like to support the lower tiers and I'm always there for the long haul at the shows, but so often the lower tiers do not get the attention they deserve. We are captivated by headlines, and 15th just doesn't have the cache as the fight for 1st or high brass and drums. Bottom line, big names bring big attention.

I notice this at shows too. I like to go early and then watch everyone. Drum corps season is so short to begin with and I don't get to a lot of shows so I enjoy watching everyone. There are a lot of great shows to experience.

• Like 1

Does BD seem a bit flat in the stadium? I'm getting that vibe thru the feed, compared with last night.

Not even a little bit....

• Like 1

I must be the only one (and it's ok if I am!) that thinks the closer is pretty weak

A huge gold lame' banner and yet another Crown?

The show lacks a "story arc" and the closing melody (Ode to Joy) should have been the "intro" as well to provide a beginning, middle and end / a (drill) cross "melting into" hell (as it crosses a red line aka the guard) and the drill diffuses into chaos as the percussion solo begins (shortened). the entire middle of the show should be jagged drill, chaos/scattered formations and body movement.. Then have strains of ode to joy return at the shows end with a "crown" lifting out of the muck as things resolve again

I'm glad folks seem to be enjoying it - but it's not particularly clever or original. I still expect GE to suffer in the end compared to the other top 4 programs which have many more moments IMO, especially Bluecoats

I'm very glad they've added some softer moments in the show, and the ballad is much improved from early season

The performance level of the members is OUTSTANDING and selling a poorly constructed program with a ton of repeat and stolen ideas from years past

JMO

I too agree with your assessment.

If Blue Devils end up taking first and Crown gets second at finals I have a feeling this is gonna be like 2012 all over again. We had all the Crownies complaining about the judging sucks and how much better Crown's show was then BD. Not saying I have a thing against Crown or their fans, but that's how it all seemed to go down.

If Blue Devils end up taking first and Crown gets second at finals I have a feeling this is gonna be like 2012 all over again. We had all the Crownies complaining about the judging sucks and how much better Crown's show was then BD. Not saying I have a thing against Crown or their fans, but that's how it all seemed to go down.

no. obviously we will take up the cadets lead and talk about how the finals judging panel had it in for crown !!

kidding aside : heck i'll be happy to see crown medal in a crazy competitive season like this one !!

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

From DCP's Semi-Offiicial resident Crown honk emeritus:

Dear Crown Fans,

I love your excitement but tonight was NOT DCI Finals.

Settle down.

Love you!

Corpband

Upvoted even though you misspelled your own name.

• Like 1