The Cadets

Schedule:

6:00 p.m. Gates Open

6:30 p.m. Small Ensemble Performances

7:30 p.m. National Anthem

7:45 p.m. Carolina Crown

8:02 p.m. Santa Clara Vanguard

8:19 p.m. Phantom Regiment

8:36 p.m. Intermission: "Drum Corps Memory" with the Santa Clara Vanguard Color Guard (on field)

8:58 p.m. The Cavaliers

9:15 p.m. Bluecoats

9:32 p.m. Blue Devils

9:49 p.m. The Cadets

10:10 p.m. Encore: The Cadets

10:20 p.m. Awards Ceremony

Judges:

General Effect: Richard KempGeneral Effect: Wayne DillonVisual Analysis: Phil MaddenVisual Proficiency: Sal AdamoMusic Analysis: John BellBrass: Ronnie RiosPercussion: Martin GriffinColor Guard: Mickey Kelly

Who will be there? I will

What a ridiculous show order. TOC's, a G7 brainchild, are good and bad at the same time. We've seen some pretty whacky results at these shows. I wish Crown didn't have to lead off - just like Cadets having to lead off in Winston-Salem. This just doesn't make sense this late in the season.

Oh well, regardless of the outcome, this show will be meaningless come Indy.

PS - Hey George, stick around to the end this time, okay?

Edited by drumcorpsfever

Will be there, center section, six rows from the top. Hoping the storms blow through earlier in the day. Any DCPers that bought VIP seats also spring for the pre-show reception up in the stadium club?

What a ridiculous show order. TOC's, a G7 brainchild, are good and bad at the same time. We've seen some pretty whacky results at these shows. I wish Crown didn't have to lead off - just like Cadets having to lead off in Winston-Salem. This just doesn't make sense this late in the season.

PS - Hey George, stick around to the end this time, okay?

They were there until the end last year. Much ado about nothing because Hopkins was involved.

Will be there, center section, six rows from the top. Hoping the storms blow through earlier in the day. Any DCPers that bought VIP seats also spring for the pre-show reception up in the stadium club?

On the 50 towards the top - forget which row. Didn't get the pre-show - have to work.

Agreed. Between the order and essentially the home show for Cadets, I'd be amazed if they don't win with BD in 2nd.

Agreed. Between the order and essentially the home show for Cadets, I'd be amazed if they don't win with BD in 2nd.

why - Crown didn't win in Charlotte the other night. They went last, home show etc. Cadets went first. BD won.

this isn't some conspiracy - they all take their turns!

• Like 1

why - Crown didn't win in Charlotte the other night. They went last, home show etc. Cadets went first. BD won.

this isn't some conspiracy - they all take their turns!

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story. :tounge2:

• Like 8

What? facts getting in the way of a good story on DCP? never.

Corps X wins show by .1 - "Well, looks like they are a lock for the DCI title this year!"

I have never known these forums to be prone to over reaction or jumping to conclusions...

Edited by cadet93
  • Like 2

Thanks, I really appreciate that!!

Don't take this the wrong way but...we are talking about the Weather Channel sir. They are a big company, but in no way do they have more forecasters than the NWS (we have over 5000). They use computers and algorithms to make "local" forecasts, similar to Accuweather. We have 122 Local forecast offices where actual people who live in the area do the weather forecast for that area. They also talk to the forecast offices around them to verify what they are seeing. Not saying we always get it right by any means. We make mistakes too as weather is nearly impossible to forecast. In my opinion, its one of the hardest jobs in the world. What I mean by that is we don't like failure....we hate it...and when we're wrong it makes us upset. Haven't met a weather forecaster yet that doesn't fit that bill. I would trust the forecasters in NWS Philly before id trust any other source. They are on the ground floor so to speak. Wish I knew someone in that office, but I did send an email to see what they thought. :)

The reason why I didn't go into further detail with my original post was its still 36 hours away, with a dynamic system as this, a lot can change in that 24 hour period. So...in order to be more accurate, I left all that out. The current thinking according the NWS Philly is, a 60% chance of rain at 7pm....They think 7pm is the best time for rain chances. Of course....this is still too far away to be accurate.

another little tidbit: We hate long range forecasting...we are forced to do it because the public demands it. We hate it because, its hard to be very accurate after 72 hours in the summer, 24 in the winter. How many times have you looked at the 5 day forecast and 5 days later, it was what they said it was? now do that for 10 days... Would we like to do long range forecasting? Sure, if there was a more accurate way to predict it. There are some very good projects in place currently and I think in the next 10 years, long range forecasting will become so much better than it is now.

If I had my way, we'd do a 24 hour forecast in the summer and 6 in the winter...we would be pretty close to 100% accurate then lol.

Sorry for the non-Drum Corps rant :)

Preach it!!

• Like 1

I don't think judges care about who's home show it is. Lol.