Official DCI Semifinals Thread 2015

93.5 I think.

I wanna say the highest ever was a 93.0 for BK in 99 Semis or Quarters.... But Finals was 92.5 in 99

This again. You really think Cadets would be running in first if only they hadn't changed the uniform?

All that we know for sure was that Garfield was in first until they changed to black, It was a bad move and a big waste of money. Garfield has a great great traditional drum corp uniform. Black does absolutly nothing for them...or anyone else for that matter...except of course for the greatest uniform and the best headgear in the history of the Drum and Bugle corps activity, the Belleville Black Knights, but they at least had some white in the uni too.

• Like 1

what a great week for drum corps. The excitement seems greater than any recent years. NOW

with that said, Are you kidding? what makes you think the tic system wasn't subjective. It totally was. There was less judging accountability then than now also.

This system is far from perfect, what judged activity is but the hot mess of the tic system is no where to even consider going.

Yes, the judges in the tic system could hold back (or not) on tics. But, at least the judge (and a later reviewer) had some actual data to go by, to come up with a score. With the current system, a judge basically pulls a random number (influenced by slotting) out of his butt to come up with a score. It's a guess or an "opinion". I still feel the tic system was more accurate (and more honest?).

How do you explain the .6 difference in drum execution between the 2 drum judges for Bluecoats tonight?

Top guards are 50/50 loosely.

The Phantomettes were 3rd in 2011, 2nd in 2012, and 4th in 2013. The Cavies have medaled in guard numerous times in the 2000s.

Let's not make random excuses.

• Like 4

DCI themselves clearly identified the former ensemble as the Chien Kuo High School Marching Band when announcing the group at Open Class Finals on Tuesday.

This is the key sentence, imo ( not where they are from ).

DCI had a Marching Band with Marching Band instuments, ie clarinets, flutes, saxophones, et al compete in their Drum Corps Quarterfinals yesterday, and they were as equally judged in competition as were all the other DCI Corps ( or Marching Bands if others prefer this moniker ). This Marching Band finished 33rd, in the Quarterfinals yesterday, and topped a few of the DCI Open Class units they were in field competition with in the Quarters. I make no judgement assessment on this. I only mention it as what is allowed into DCI Field competition, and in a specific reply to a poster above that apparently was not aware that ( for example ) clarinets, woodwinds, et al ARE indeed found in DCI field competition now.

Edited by BRASSO

No, they were in third, behind Crown and the Blue Devils.

Shh, let the hate for Black uniform circlejerk continue.

• Like 3

Not in this century.

I don't recall exactly, but I think in the early '80's the Bridgemen got 12th, and won percussion.

Someone will have to fact check that, please.

9th

• Like 1

Are crossmen trying to make semifinals penalties that almost keep them out of finals a tradition or something?

they'r seeing how close they can come to 13th place...... 2014: 0.1; 2015: 0.05 size of penalty doesn't matter..... how close to 13th matters !