Boston Crusaders 2016

Inspire Arts & Music rented the stadium from Lucas Oil Stadium directly. We want to give our staff & members the best opportunity to prepare for this week. I believe that BD rents the Colts indoor practice facility for the week in a similar way. It was expensive and required contracts and insurance. The money comes from the way we do all of our business; corporate sponsorships, donations and proceeds from our business lines. In addition, we do underwrite the Streetbeat 5K that will be held on Saturday morning.

As for DCI, they arrange for corps housing. This year there is a schedule conflict with the local schools. Several Drum Corps have been put up in hotels by DCI and are using high school fields near by. Others including BAC are being put up in what is effectively a community center. It is small and has limited bathrooms and showers including a small portable shower truck that was brought in. The fields are just that, no real football field or stadium - in all not a great situation.

• Like 2

This year there is a schedule conflict with the local schools. Several Drum Corps have been put up in hotels by DCI and are using high school fields near by. Others including BAC are being put up in what is effectively a community center. It is small and has limited bathrooms and showers including a small portable shower truck that was brought in. The fields are just that, no real football field or stadium - in all not a great situation.

So, how is the decision made as to who gets hotel rooms with bathrooms, who gets a crowded community center with poor facilities, and how far in advance did the corps know there were conflicts with the local schools?

Honestly not sure on how the decisions are made, we did not know what are housing location was until when we were in San Antonio.

• Like 1

Honestly not sure on how the decisions are made, we did not know what are housing location was until when we were in San Antonio.

It is a bit disappointing to think an organization like DCI, following their same scheduling and housing criteria, year after year, has these issues. All the more frustrating when it occurs at this point when total focus is needed for each corps. I am sure Boston will push on and persevere. As usual. Please be assured we are totally behind these kids and staff. You guys do a TREMENDOUS job. Eat em up Boston. BAC - Becoming A Champion.
  • Like 3

It is a bit disappointing to think an organization like DCI, following their same scheduling and housing criteria, year after year, has these issues. All the more frustrating when it occurs at this point when total focus is needed for each corps. I am sure Boston will push on and persevere. As usual. Please be assured we are totally behind these kids and staff. You guys do a TREMENDOUS job. Eat em up Boston. BAC - Becoming A Champion.

The problem is that Indiana now starts public school the beginning of August. It creates a real housing problem.

The problem is that Indiana now starts public school the beginning of August. It creates a real housing problem.

The sad part is DCI signed that crazy til the end of time contract as well...Did they know about the pubic school issue when they signed the contract?..or did they just figure that they'll sweep that under the rug for now and worry about the problems to occur later????

• Like 2

The sad part is DCI signed that crazy til the end of time contract as well...Did they know about the pubic school issue when they signed the contract?..or did they just figure that they'll sweep that under the rug for now and worry about the problems to occur later????

Probably the latter.

As for DCI, they arrange for corps housing. This year there is a schedule conflict with the local schools. Several Drum Corps have been put up in hotels by DCI and are using high school fields near by. Others including BAC are being put up in what is effectively a community center. It is small and has limited bathrooms and showers including a small portable shower truck that was brought in. The fields are just that, no real football field or stadium - in all not a great situation.

I'm sure DCI has tried their best to accommodate the corps...but somehow I think they've missed the mark in this regard...I'm sure it was not cheap putting corps in area hotels...while that might be nice for a good nights rest..it sure misses the mark for having satisfactory facilities for practice...it's not like they can start practicing in the parking lot at the hotel....and for BAC..seems like an even worse situation than that...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

I think the schools starting earlier in Indiana MAY be part of the root cause for this as alluded to by another poster...I recall 25 years ago some REALLY REALLY bad accommodations while on tour...it is just part of the experience unfortunately....but at the same time that in and of itself is unfortunate as well...especially during championship week...

BAC - Boston Are Champions ...at least in my eyes anyway :smile: