Boston Crusaders 2016

I'm sure DCI has tried their best to accommodate the corps...but somehow I think they've missed the mark in this regard...I'm sure it was not cheap putting corps in area hotels...while that might be nice for a good nights rest..it sure misses the mark for having satisfactory facilities for practice...it's not like they can start practicing in the parking lot at the hotel....and for BAC..seems like an even worse situation than that...

There was a time when Boston stayed in hotels at Nationals. In Madison twice I think,in Miami (The Thunderbird I believe) and Atlanta.

There was a time when Boston stayed in hotels at Nationals. In Madison twice I think,in Miami (The Thunderbird I believe) and Atlanta.

Most of the corps back then stayed in hotels, used the pools, and had to use local eateries.

Schools are increasingly hesitant to allow outside groups to stay there thanks to certain events like Penn State footballs incidents. They also start earlier and give longer winter breaks in some places to save heating money during winter. Hence Michigan City being used for open class. While dci made the contract with LOS and it's attached convention center. The schools may not have had to be a part of that

Schools are increasingly hesitant to allow outside groups to stay there thanks to certain events like Penn State footballs incidents. They also start earlier and give longer winter breaks in some places to save heating money during winter. Hence Michigan City being used for open class. While dci made the contract with LOS and it's attached convention center. The schools may not have had to be a part of that

The schools were obviously not a part of that contract, but it should have been on DCI to 'know the territory' before signing a 10 year extension.

Edited by AlexL

You can't predict that. Heck even the band directors don't know that stuff until the school board puts it up to vote.

• Like 1

Thank God Boston has a great management staff.

• Like 1

The schools were obviously not a part of that contract, but it should have been on DCI to 'know the territory' before signing a 10 year extension.

Should've went back to whitewater or KC!

Should've went back to whitewater or KC!

I'm not really happy with the location myself...I haven't been back to Indiana since 2008...there was just nothing there that interested me...Years ago when they had rotating locations for championships I'd work my vacations around them...since it's been in Indy I haven't bothered to go to finals since Bloomington...I usually go to a-town but this year I did a TOC show at chester PA instead...

I'm not really happy with the location myself...I haven't been back to Indiana since 2008...there was just nothing there that interested me...Years ago when they had rotating locations for championships I'd work my vacations around them...since it's been in Indy I haven't bothered to go to finals since Bloomington...I usually go to a-town but this year I did a TOC show at chester PA instead...

I feel like DCI needs to go back to putting "Summer Music Games" in the background and having it at arrowhead stadium..... Lol