Boston Crusaders 2016

What an inspired and beautiful performance tonight Boston! Amazing job.

I agree. I got the sense after getting near some of the corps near the buses, we congratulated them on a very inspiring performance - very well done. The kids didn't seem all too happy. I hope this was isolated because BAC was truly remarkable and should feel about bringing this show to finals. Many pretty much counted them out and they showed us last night and tonight.

Bravo BAC!

nvm

Edited by Liahona

big things coming

Do tell!!!!

a PM would be neat :)

Edited by Liahona

I agree. I got the sense after getting near some of the corps near the buses, we congratulated them on a very inspiring performance - very well done. The kids didn't seem all too happy. I hope this was isolated because BAC was truly remarkable and should feel about bringing this show to finals. Many pretty much counted them out and they showed us last night and tonight.

Bravo BAC!

I agree that BAC should be very proud of what was accomplished this year. I also got the sense BAC was somewhat subdued in the bus area after finals. I was parked across the street from the bus area and congratulated the kids I saw. The response was polite, but I have often found that in general the bus area is somewhat subdued after finals for most corps. I did hear that the kids expected a higher score since they did a better show, and BAC, Academy, and Crossmen all had better performances at finals, and all three scored slightly lower, but that happens just about every year with the first two or three corps. I chock it up to exhaustion. I have also heard the real emotion is at the airport when kids board the planes and realize it's good bye, or for those who travel back home with a corps, when the busses reach home.

• Like 2

My experience on finals night is that the kids are physically and emotionally exhausted by the end....they have to adhere to a pretty strict schedule of turning equipment/ uniforms in (inventory) and they are suddenly hit with the realization that they won't be seeing their best friends for quite a while...and in the case of ageouts, possibly not ever. It is a sudden vortex of emotion, and I'm sure all corps go through it.

With regard to the scores, the upper corps always score higher at finals and the lower corps always score lower than they did a semis...this is a natural result of the numbers management simply being different at a 12 corps show than it is at a 25 or 17 corps show. It happens every year and has nothing to do with the performances of say, the 9-12 place corps.

My FB feed this morning is bursting with BAC kids thrilled with the season. In many ways, it ended up being one of the sweetest results and character building journeys ever. I am proud of the kids for their performances, proud of the staff for being quick on their feet to make the required adjustments, and proud of the management (inc the BOD) for doing everything in their power to help the kids be successful.

Well done, Boston!

• Like 3

Great feelings here for Boston Crusaders. Much like over their 2015 production. They exceeded the expectations I had of them at the start of the season. They took a stone, kept polishing it, stayed faithful to the task, then WOW! Created a gem.

BAC best displayed what defines this incredible activity. Hard work will pay off.

:thumbup:

• Like 3

My experience on finals night is that the kids are physically and emotionally exhausted by the end....they have to adhere to a pretty strict schedule of turning equipment/ uniforms in (inventory) and they are suddenly hit with the realization that they won't be seeing their best friends for quite a while...and in the case of ageouts, possibly not ever. It is a sudden vortex of emotion, and I'm sure all corps go through it.

With regard to the scores, the upper corps always score higher at finals and the lower corps always score lower than they did a semis...this is a natural result of the numbers management simply being different at a 12 corps show than it is at a 25 or 17 corps show. It happens every year and has nothing to do with the performances of say, the 9-12 place corps.

My FB feed this morning is bursting with BAC kids thrilled with the season. In many ways, it ended up being one of the sweetest results and character building journeys ever. I am proud of the kids for their performances, proud of the staff for being quick on their feet to make the required adjustments, and proud of the management (inc the BOD) for doing everything in their power to help the kids be successful.

Well done, Boston!

You also predicted this would happen all season, and took it on the chin more than a few times when people disagreed with you. Thanks for your insights all season.

BAC, put this year behind you and aim high for 2017.
This was a hard fought 84. score.
Better things coming your way.

• Like 1