Boston Crusaders 2016

Bras so you are right on the button and hard to track down. Along with everyone else here I won't give anything away. Well details will remain with me. I will say this is a strong show. Well thought out, well programmed, well staged and for this time of year for Boston, as compared to past years, ready! They are ready and this show is going to be a crowd pleaser. The horn line is strong and powerful. A huge difference than their recent past. Yeah the patrons tonight are biased but many I spoke with know good from bad, strong from just ok and when they are ready. The consensus would agree to Brasso and Craiga's assessments completely. Boston is going to surprise people and Boston is coming out with every intention of moving up. The entire organization is focused. Tonight in 2 words; Holy sh_ _! Well done Boston. Brasso, where the heck were you?

• Like 2

Boston's Spring Fling fundraiser tonite was once again a great time.

This year the Corps performed 2 Exhibitions back to back on the football field. The first one had Boston's Brian Murphy ( one of the Co - Designers ) explain the show. He would explain the opener.. then have the Corps do their opener.... then stop. He would then explain each segment of the show.. then have that segment performed by the Corps... and so on and so forth.... a nice touch, imo, as the nice sized crowd in attendance was a mix of Drum Corps people, as well as townspeople that were invited to come out and watch.

The second exhibition by the Corps was also in full uniform, but this time with shako and plumes. I am not about to spill the beans on the show, and what the audience will see and hear in 4 days time in the theatres nationwide. I don't hype Corps. Thsts because I have no idea the caliber of other Corps. That said, I can report that Boston got a standing O tonite at the conclusion of their opener in the first exhibition go around. Was it a perfunctory standing o ?.... well, its possible, as a goodly portion of the audience were indeed alums, donors, etc Do I think the standing O right off the bat was principally because of this ? No. I believe it was mostly because the show won the audience over right from the getgo. I don't intend to say much more than the fact that Boston is far more prepared for the 1st week of the season than they were last year at this time. And that this show will be a hit with national audiences this summer. So there it is. Thursday can't come fast enough for me.

Bras so you are right on the button and hard to track down. Along with everyone else here I won't give anything away. Well details will remain with me. I will say this is a strong show. Well thought out, well programmed, well staged and for this time of year for Boston, as compared to past years, ready! They are ready and this show is going to be a crowd pleaser. The horn line is strong and powerful. A huge difference than their recent past. Yeah the patrons tonight are biased but many I spoke with know good from bad, strong from just ok and when they are ready. The consensus would agree to Brasso and Craiga's assessments completely. Boston is going to surprise people and Boston is coming out with every intention of moving up. The entire organization is focused. Tonight in 2 words; Holy sh_ _! Well done Boston. Brasso, where the heck were you?

I feel like Pavlov's dog right now...Thanks for the mini-review :-)

. Brasso, where the heck were you?

I meant to look you up, but forgot to. No excuse.. and I'm really sorry for that. There are alums that go to this fundraiser to support the Corps, but don't go anymore to the DCI shows, so I really only might get to see them once a year at an event like this. That happened tonite. I got caught up yukking it up with them. One at my table won at auction tonite a Tom Brady autographed deflated football. He paid a boatload for it. We told him at our table that he could double his money on what he paid for it if he contacted NFL Commish Goodell and got him to sign it too ( haha!)... I'll pm you tomorrow or when I get a chance. Boston, as you said, is in fine shape. I gave up long ago trying to figure out what the judges are going to do however. But yes, its a terrific show they have this summer. No doubt in my mind about that.

Edited by BRASSO

Yes I agree with you all. It will be Great. The guard uniform looked great as well.

Edited by emc2

Yes I agree with you all. It will be a Great. The guard uniform looked great as well.

Do you have any photos of the guard uniform to share?...telling us it looked great means nothing...please don't answer telling me to watch facebook...haha

Do you have any photos of the guard uniform to share?...telling us it looked great means nothing...please don't answer telling me to watch facebook...haha

Sorry did not take any pic's. They might post some pic's today. They fit the theme of this year's show very nicely ( color scheme and print out line).

The Corps requested that no video or pictures from the performance be posted. I think they plan on doing their own reveal (for lack of a better word) of the guard uniform. When that is, I do not know (possibly during their webcast on the 21st.).

The Corps requested that no video or pictures from the performance be posted. I think they plan on doing their own reveal (for lack of a better word) of the guard uniform. When that is, I do not know (possibly during their webcast on the 21st.).

No info on when. They been up front with revealing this year show/production more than most. ( No disappointments here).

Sorry did not take any pic's. They might post some pic's today. They fit the theme of this year's show very nicely ( color scheme and print out line).

No info on when. They been up front with revealing this year show/production more than most. ( No disappointments here).

More answers than I was expecting guys! It's not that big of a deal...just more of an idle curiosity...I can wait til next week...but THANKS!

• Like 1