Boston Crusaders 2016

The beginning has a powerful effect and will be enjoyed by all. I would think everything at the beginning should be ok going forward (IMO).

Oh, no disagreement. I remember the opening minute or so, from when my son auditioned for them, and I like it - I just didn't understand how cutting that portion of Impossible Dream and Dulcinea would be different from a licensing aspect than the other renditions of those themes which come later. Perhaps it is something different in the main part of the Opener, after the first minute or so.

No matter - greatly looking forward to this show.

Looks like BFDTV has put up the entire video for Boston which previously excluded their opener...the other video link does not work anymore...

• Like 1

Looks like BFDTV has put up the entire video for Boston which previously excluded their opener...the other video link does not work anymore...

That's a glorious opener!

• Like 1

Did anyone catch the Conquest hits? I didn't hear them anywhere in there...

Did anyone catch the Conquest hits? I didn't hear them anywhere in there...

I couldn't hear any either. Either they're super subtle, or some may be added in later in the season.

Ok.... so I saw Boston's full 2016 field show at their practice last night. Visual, Music, Guard. After copius note taking, careful deliberation, reflective & thorough analysis , this is my personal assessment as I left the practice stadium :

http://previews.123rf.com/images/inarik/inarik1508/inarik150800014/43650278-Kid-in-Glasses-Child-Advertiser-with-Certificate-Book-School-Boy-Showing-Thumb-Up-Certification-Educ-Stock-Photo.jpg

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I couldn't hear any either. Either they're super subtle, or some may be added in later in the season.

Taking a real stab here, and you'll have to forgive me if I appear to be stretching it a little bit.

1) I believe that the Mid-Horn melody at 2:54 - 3:08, 3:36 - 3:43, and final statement at 4:10 - 4:12 are modal treatments, with rhythmic variation, of the Conquest theme.

2) The trumpet solo (especially the beginning, 5:06 - 5:14) might be construed as a latin "bullfight" treatment of the Conquest theme. Actually, I tend to think that the entire solo is almost a verse of the Conquest melody. (Edit: On further listening, this may instead simply be an extension of "impossible Dream.")

3) The power hits (8:32 - 8:54) may be interpreted as rhythmic variation of the Conquest opening and closing power rrhythm (Hit-rest-Hit-Hit, Rest-Hit-Hit-Hit) rhythm. This is obscured by the fact that the meter of the section is in 3/4, not 4/4. Also, I seemed to pick this up in the underlying accents of the earlier drum break.

Just a stab, and please forgive me if I am in error. If any on the Cru staff were to read this, they would probably be laughing their a**es off at the sheer inanity.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

Ok.... so I saw Boston's full 2016 field show at their practice last night. Visual, Music, Guard. After copius note taking, careful deliberation, reflective & thorough analysis , this is my personal assessment as I left the practice stadium :

So, you did go to Harrrvard!

Edited by Ghost