Boston Crusaders 2016

The big difference the audience will discover about Boston this year versus last year will be their brass sound. It's the first thing that jumps out at you. It is a very different sound and strength than in the recent past couple of years. There was always criticism that Boston didn't unleash the horn line. The brass instruments contributed to that inability to BYFBO. With all new Yamaha brass this year they are freed up now. To put it mildly.

The next thing that audiences will realize is the program quality. Drill design, storytelling, brass, percussion and guard writing. It is stellar and allows for a lot of growth and development. It is also being performed pretty well already for coming out of the gate.

Lastly the audience will realize the show is memorable both musically and visually. And above all entertaining.

Boston's design team has delivered a great show for MM's to perform. The corps is more mature than last year and should easily meet the challenge of the show. It is not an easy show by any means. Boston is ready and people will be happily surprised come Thursday night.

Not hyping, just excited.

• Like 1

I want to counterbalance the last few days of ridiculous hype, by saying that the Boston Crusaders will struggle this season, imo. Seriously. The music is a rehash of songs played 10 times before by 10 other corps. Plus, the music arrangements are just blah, with no modern updated arranging to it. The Corps theme and music makes little sense right now to me, and the guard uniforms look like something from straight out of the 90's. The Corps is looking for another snare as they are only fielding 6 at the moment, and another tuba, as they are only fielding 9 now. The Visuals are all confined to within the 30 yard lines to allow the inexperienced in their ranks to be better able to handle the demands of the show. Boston, i believe, will be fortunate to be within 10 points of the other 4 Corps this Thurs .nite in the theatres, just like last season's opener for them unfortunately. I'm not even sure they'll look and sound like they'll even belong there with the other great Corps for this opener. On a positive note however, the Corps props will reportedly be ready for their early July performances, and this should position them to move up from 14th or 15th ranking in july to position themselves to again make Finals, imo. 35% of DCP posters have Boston finishing 11th or 12th in their preseason predictions . I would tend to agree with them.... but only if the large props come in as well as advertised, and the Crusaders complete the show before the end of the month.. Don't believe the others here with their hype. They have little to no experience with these things, and I just wanted to point this out.

Edited by BRASSO

I want to counterbalance the last few days of ridiculous hype, by saying that the Boston Crusaders will struggle this season, imo. Seriously. The music is a rehash of songs played 10 times before by 10 other corps. Plus, the music arrangements are just blah, with no modern updated arranging to it. The Corps theme makes little sense right now to me, and the guard uniforms look like something from out of the 90's. The Corps is looking for another snare as they are only fielding 6, and another tuba, as they are only fielding 9. Boston will be fortunate to be within 10 points of the other 4 Corps this Thurs .nite in the theatres, just like last season's opener for them sadly. I'm not even sure they'll look and sound like they'll even belong there with the other great Corps for this opener. On a positive note however, the Corps props will reportedly be ready for their early July performances, and this should position them to move up from 14th or 15th ranking in july to position themselves to again make Finals, imo. 40% of DCP posters have Boston finishing 11th or 12th in their preseason predictions. I would tend to agree with them.... but only if the props come in as advertised, and they complete the show before the end of the month.. Don't believe the others here with their hype. You can trust me. I'm not like the others.

i_aint_even_mad_493_You_mad_Bro-s485x364

hahaha :)

• Like 1

i_aint_even_mad_493_You_mad_Bro-s485x364

hahaha :)

funny quick story as we kill some time between now and Thurs:

Back in the early 60's in New England, Drum Corps in the region every March or April would have standstill competitions. They would usually take place near Boston, usually in a hockey rink venue, ie BU, BC, maybe Boston Garden and such. One year, in the winter, early spring, a rumor was rampant that Boston had lost a lot of brass players from the season before and were down to maybe 18-20 horns ( 36-40 was the norm that constituted a " full " line back then... most had 33-36). Anyway, Boston certainly knew of the rumor. When it came time for them to march into the arena, the door opened, and out marched Boston.... Drumline, Guard, DM. They smartly lined up at attention, the DM had them do a dress right,, dress, etc. Most in the audience meanwhile counted the numbers of horns, and sure enough, there were about 18-20. So the rumor of 18-20 brass was true. There was a hush in the audience. You could hear a pin drop. A minute passed. Seemed like an eternity to everyone as we watched for BAC to start. Then over in the opposite side of the arena, the door there opened. nothing there, but BAC could not proceed with their pre show prep, until somebody would shut the door. But nobody did. Then lo and behold, out marched from THAT door, another 18-20 horns for Boston. The audience stood up and cheered as they marched out and then joined the other BAC horns in line. Boston milked that off season rumor for all its worth ( haha!). Sure, it was part grandstanding, part B.T. Barnum, and all that. But it was so freakin' cool for a kid like me to see... and I was barely of teenage years at the time. So sometimes even a negative rumor, if played well, can pay out dividends, imo ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

I want to counterbalance the last few days of ridiculous hype, by saying that the Boston Crusaders will struggle this season, imo. Seriously. The music is a rehash of songs played 10 times before by 10 other corps. Plus, the music arrangements are just blah, with no modern updated arranging to it. The Corps theme and music makes little sense right now to me, and the guard uniforms look like something from straight out of the 90's. The Corps is looking for another snare as they are only fielding 6 at the moment, and another tuba, as they are only fielding 9 now. The Visuals are all confined to within the 30 yard lines to allow the inexperienced in their ranks to be better able to handle the demands of the show. Boston, i believe, will be fortunate to be within 10 points of the other 4 Corps this Thurs .nite in the theatres, just like last season's opener for them unfortunately. I'm not even sure they'll look and sound like they'll even belong there with the other great Corps for this opener. On a positive note however, the Corps props will reportedly be ready for their early July performances, and this should position them to move up from 14th or 15th ranking in july to position themselves to again make Finals, imo. 35% of DCP posters have Boston finishing 11th or 12th in their preseason predictions . I would tend to agree with them.... but only if the large props come in as well as advertised, and the Crusaders complete the show before the end of the month.. Don't believe the others here with their hype. They have little to no experience with these things, and I just wanted to point this out.

I can never tell whether you're serious or not and this agitates me greatly

(The fact that I can't tell whether you're serious or not, not the post itself)

Edited by JoshClements403

Or the 68/69 27th Lancers...to remain in MA. :tounge2:

No one cares.

• Like 1

It sure doesn't take very long for even a "standstill" performance to be pulled from the internet these days...Although I did mention previously there was a small controversy over music synch rights still pending...Thanks to the website "keepvid"...I'm still getting my BAC fix...and with the other posted vids of cadets, crown, blue stars, and crossmen for that matter as well...

Or the 68/69 27th Lancers...to remain in MA. :tounge2:

No one cares.

I thought that was interesting from MikeD...emc2 you are just being rude dude...not cool

I can never tell whether you're serious or not and this agitates me greatly

(The fact that I can't tell whether you're serious or not, not the post itself)

RELAX! :) It was a funny post..well I thought so at least...just read his other comments about the corps...

• Like 1