Carolina Crown 2016

The new ending actually works, I didn't like it when I saw it on video but seeing it live in Chester & Allentown it really works and it gives them a little boost in GE which they need to close the gap with bluecoats. Also, this is the best show on the field (IMO), the hornline & guard are superb (both sections could be their best ever for crown) and the percussion is finally at the level with devils, coats & cadets. If they are on Saturday night the Ott & Zingali trophies are theirs and this show should win but I'm not a judge and the judges are funny squirrles. I'll be in Indy enjoying all the corps and maybe the best top 3 ever, can't wait to be there starting Thursday. Peace out Crown Homies.

• Like 1

Just shoot the guy!!! It's a western for crying out loud!!!

Do you get it? Shooting him offers no story originality. That's cliche. There's no surprise. There's no originality, no depth, no reveal, no 360 rotation of character (as John Logan calls it). There needs to be some new, interesting information at the end in order to keep the forward momentum and Crown found it.

Edited by Channel3
  • Like 2

2 notes:

am I remembering correctly, but at the beginning of the season, did the gear wheels in the horses for Helen kind of spin/rotate mechanically - as if it were geared? Now they just seem to kind of randomly move once in awhile -- did that change? Did something get broken? I liked the smooth gear movement --

at the build up to the end of Dance of Vengeance, it would be really cool if a trumpet reached a note in the final chord - possibly the 3rd or 5th - and held through (and slightly over) the last rhythmic bop patter - not THAT would sound RELENTLESS and generate emotion/GE -- Bluecoats are doing it with their screamers - with razor thin margins, this could make a difference for Crown --

By the way, how about top brass, percussion, guard, music, and visual tonight! Crown can close on the GE too as this show takes a firmer hold in Indy. HECK YEAH!!! Hop on that stagecoach!

Can confirm from a leaked post on Reddit. Percussion with a huge edge.

Can confirm from a leaked post on Reddit. Percussion with a huge edge.

Crown up 94 to 91 over Bluecoats in Content???? Ok.....

I'm gonna pretend it didn't see that and that the TOCs are a free for all regarding scores. This weekend should get things back on track.

Crown's percussion IS better than last year, but Bloo, SCV, BD, and Cadets are just as good, if not better, than last year too. They will score better than last year's 18.95 (18.7 last night) but won't be surprised if they were in the 4-5 placement in the end.

• Like 1

Crown up 94 to 91 over Bluecoats in Content???? Ok.....

I'm gonna pretend it didn't see that and that the TOCs are a free for all regarding scores. This weekend should get things back on track.

Crown's percussion IS better than last year, but Bloo, SCV, BD, and Cadets are just as good, if not better, than last year too. They will score better than last year's 18.95 (18.7 last night) but won't be surprised if they were in the 4-5 placement in the end.

TOC's are wonky. But Crown definitely still has a good chance of winning music in Indy.

I actually like the new ending except for one quibble. I am so focused on the story line that I miss the crown set.

TOC's are wonky. But Crown definitely still has a good chance of winning music in Indy.

Agreed on both, I also think the 2 judge system will reshape the percussion placements.

Going to be close between the two for Music. Crown won the caption at 2/3 Regionals, but the average of the 3 score differences between the two corps is exactly 0. I think it will be determined by how well Bloo's Brass can score. I think MA will be close, and that Bloo will have the edge in percussion.