Carolina Crown 2016

Favorite one so far

Mine too.. Am a sucker for LoTR

They had a timpani player in their Instagram pit account well into spring training. Maybe he was recording?

I'm personally not a fan of that, but oh well I guess. The normal fan might not be able to tell, but when it's chimes or Timpani or stuff like that it just comes off as fake. Just a little thing.

Timp player should be back sometime next week.

After watching the video of Hannum I was feeling all warm and gushy, then I read about the tympani being gone and became completely devoid of excitement. Then I read that the tymps will be back and was like Yay! I'm happy again!

There's something about watching Hannum's calm demeanor, his gray hair, his warm smile that makes me really excited about Crown's show this year. The talent of his team, their history of experience, their desire to remain musically accurate, the excitement you can see in his eyes...

It's showing me again that they're just working out kinks in their programmatic style, writing, and interpretation. This might be the year, maybe not.

I'm just so impressed with seeing all that old, experienced talent on the Crown team.

That's all.

• Like 1

I know it's a moot point now, but I'd be perfectly fine if corps take the timpani away. It's a pretty bulky set of gear and a high cost for limited effect, especially in the DCI digital age.

Mike

Do not understand what going on