Carolina Crown 2016

Wow, you know what, you are so right. Thank you kind sir for pointing this out. I'm going to hop in my car and drive up to Indiana tonight and let the design team know this. Without your guidance, I'm not quite sure what they would have done. It's so refreshing to know that we have people such as yourself point out these inconsistencies with the show design. I guess the only choice is to rewrite the entire show. Whoa is us...

Giggle... 😉

"Us"? No. Just you and your snark, that's all I was responding to. And now I don't need to bother anymore. You've shown me enough. I don't see how it fits. I get to have an opinion. They don't need me or you to fix anything. Giggle

• Like 2

the visual show is a western - the music show is a mixture of great tunes all fitting into the theme of the story line "relentless" that will subtly play out on the field this season...

think about those popular movies of late (such as 1998 Romeo & Juliet - with original dialogue but set to hip hop music) - it's a very successful method of story telling and artistic design (TV's Galavant is another successful example)

I personally think it's cool - you pick the music for the emotion - not weather it relates or not to the Western locale - same as these other examples

"whether".

• Like 1

You absolutely get to have an opinion, and I respect that opinion. But the "snark" and tone you use in your posts, will be met equally with more snark. Or we can all choose to be cool and respect each other.

"Us"? No. Just you and your snark, that's all I was responding to. And now I don't need to bother anymore. You've shown me enough. I don't see how it fits. I get to have an opinion. They don't need me or you to fix anything. Giggle

"whether".

thank you typo police - voice to text man. Weather, whether...

So... just rewatched the donors hi-res version. It's interesting having watched it a few times, walked away, and then a few days later watch again

Crown's show arch is VERY strong this year. Last year early on that was the one big issue I saw and thought would keep them in the 4-5 place range - then changes were made

This year IMO they can just start layering on the strong bones of the show. I'm sure they'll add more at the end, add a lot to the guard book and do a ton of shaping in the music

But no need for major changes that they faced last year

Percussion battery really a clear step above last year - should be competitive with the group of lines ahead of them last year, or IF behind in the next tier, the gap will be very very small

Should be a great year for Crown!

• Like 2

Agreed George. If anything, the foundation they've built with this show will allow them to be more flexible in adding nuance. There are a couple of sections of the show that will see some minor changes, and from what I've heard the closer is a place holder right now. My only concern with the current closer is that its very short (time wise). I'm hoping they've left themselves with enough room at the end of the program to bring home a big finish. Excited to see what is to come!

thank you typo police - voice to text man. Weather, whether...

So... just rewatched the donors hi-res version. It's interesting having watched it a few times, walked away, and then a few days later watch again

Crown's show arch is VERY strong this year. Last year early on that was the one big issue I saw and thought would keep them in the 4-5 place range - then changes were made

This year IMO they can just start layering on the strong bones of the show. I'm sure they'll add more at the end, add a lot to the guard book and do a ton of shaping in the music

But no need for major changes that they faced last year

Percussion battery really a clear step above last year - should be competitive with the group of lines ahead of them last year, or IF behind in the next tier, the gap will be very very small

Should be a great year for Crown!

Edited by Newseditor44

I still haven't gotten a link for the donor version. 😢

I still haven't gotten a link for the donor version. 😢

Same here, we can shed our single tear out of our right eye together.

I still haven't gotten a link for the donor version.

Check your junk/spam folder, my first donor video link ended up in my junk folder.

or check with brad@carolinacrown.org. DCP probably not the best way to reach them :-)

btw i got two videos -- a 360p relatively soon after the show and then a later hires version.