Carolina Crown 2016

I think you forget that there were not full panels on two of those and we also can't see the recaps. There is also percussion and analysis involved with these scores. As far as brass goes, as of right now, no hornline sounds as good as crown as of today. Might that change as the season goes on? Sure! But right now, Crown brass is on another level.

We were talking about music book, not just brass. Unless you don't consider the percussion book part of the music book?

We were talking about music book, not just brass. Unless you don't consider the percussion book part of the music book?

I believe he was referring to the video that was just posted of their hornline in warm ups.

So you admit that percussion and analysis is involved in the scores...

... That we can't see the full recaps...

... But that their brass is "on another level".

Don't need to see recaps for that one, use your ears lol. That brass is ridiculous right now.

• Like 1

Man, it's going to be truly suspenseful this year when they announce who's winning the Sanford, Zingali, Ott, etc.

In prior years, going into finals night, we typically had a pretty good idea of who would end up winning them.

• Like 1

They are very good. Very clean sound and articulation. To say "another level" is wrong. There will be other corps giving them a run come August.

Read my other post, I did say things could change as the season goes on. I simply said as of today Crown brass is ahead of the game. I know BD cadets bluecoats will all catch up and give them a run for their money in august.

Edited by DasTuba

When it comes to musicality, Crown really is on another level with brass.

That's not the only thing that matters for winning brass, though, so yeah, it'll be competitive this year just like the past several years.

Don't need to see recaps for that one, use your ears lol. That brass is ridiculous right now.

I'm not gonna lie.... They sound phenomenal.

But BD knows how to play as well. Cadets have some talent. Bloo is stepping up their game as well.

Crown is always a force to be reckoned with in brass lately. But they're not a lock.

• Like 1