Carolina Crown 2016

I don't see anything wrong with the current story. As I followed it in the SA performance: kid catches up with his dad's killer, they have a shootout and the bad guy dies, kid is overcome with grief and leaves the bag of gold at his father's tomb. Perfectly good ending for a western, if you ask me.

I, for one, like that Crown's telling a different story this year and hope they don't change it to have a guy-reunites-with-girl happy ending. I feel like they've done that one a bunch of times.

I think their path to GE success isn't to rewrite the story, it's to get more clarity/emotion/impact from the material before/after Roxanne. That's where I feel like I lose the story and the show loses some steam.

Before Roxanne for sure. That's the only part of the show, that thematically loses some steam for me.

Other than that I think it's spot on. Main character could use some distinctions as well, but other than that I followed it very well live.

Before Roxanne for sure. That's the only part of the show, that thematically loses some steam for me.

Other than that I think it's spot on. Main character could use some distinctions as well, but other than that I followed it very well live.

The ending needs a happy ending. Most, if not all, westerns have them. It's the American version of a fairytale.

The journey part could definitely use some work. Other than that, I feel like this show is perfection.

The ending needs a happy ending. Most, if not all, westerns have them. It's the American version of a fairytale.

The journey part could definitely use some work. Other than that, I feel like this show is perfection.

The Journey part is bad ###! No need to change that imo.

The Journey part is bad ###! No need to change that imo.

I think musically it's bad ###, the complaint people have is the story gets a bit lost during Journey. We don't see any story development with the son during this portion. I feel like the story comes across musically with him being in pain and saddened by the death of his father and feeling the need for vengeance. They just don't show it visually with the character. Other than that, I think this might be my favorite Crown show yet!

• Like 1

I think musically it's bad ###, the complaint people have is the story gets a bit lost during Journey. We don't see any story development with the son during this portion. I feel like the story comes across musically with him being in pain and saddened by the death of his father and feeling the need for vengeance. They just don't show it visually with the character. Other than that, I think this might be my favorite Crown show yet!

Dis.

You might be looking for something that isn't there. I don't think they are literally trying to tell you all that. But maybe they will change some things. Who knows.

Exactly. I don't know what they could do here though. Maybe show him grieving over his father's dead body for a minute, then picking up a rifle and become part of the rifle line for the rest of the song, getting closer and closer to the bad guy? I'm not sure...

if we see any changes, I think they will come somewhere around Roxanne. I don't former them making changes to the closer at all, other than adjustments for the sake of story telling and musicality. I do not believe there are any plans to add the beloved Crown set this season. 😔

One thing I have thought about... I can see a scenario where the stagecoach enters the field through the tunnel during the pre-show, and at the end of the show the son climbs aboard the stage coach and rides off field into the other tunnel after the show. That would add some GE. It makes perfect sense in terms of staging and would explain why they've kept the stagecoach where it is at the end of the show.

Edited by Newseditor44

if we see any changes, I think they will come somewhere around Roxanne. I don't former them making changes to the closer at all, other than adjustments for the sake of story telling and musicality. I do not believe there are any plans to add the beloved Crown set this season. 😔

I guess we'll see here soon. Honestly, that's one of the big reasons I love them. If they don't add it, I'm definitely going to be disappointed...I really don't like the ending sets. They just seem like place holders. Here's what I'm hoping for then end...

After the box/line rotations they rotate into a cowboy hat, and end in the Crown set right before the slowmo.

After the final gunshot, they hit the Medea hit and the son shows us he has won.

A short tag is added to show him going back for Roxanne, he set her up on the carriage, and he climbs on.

The show ends with them riding towards the bottom right corner of the field while the music fades out and the ambience sounds from the beginning of the show fade in as they "ride off into the sunset".

Edited by UKSuperman