Blast!

Ok... Someone made a stupid petition to get the scores reversed or some nonsense... How bout we get a petition to have someone start Blast back up!?!?!

I've seen it twice, and I was absolutely floored both times. Anyone know anything about what happened?

After their Broadway run they toured the U.S.

As audiences started to drop off,they started playing smaller and smaller venues to a point where the show just didin't work.

This included having to change drill and eliminate certain "props",especially in Medea.

They also "lost" the rights to cetain music.What they put in didn't work as well as the original score.

some of the design team for Blast! has been busy helping the Coats get back-to-back medals :-)

That's right. I think it was in the Bluecoats thread that someone talked about the Blast! sound guy helping them figure out all of the unique electronics, delay stuff, looping, etc.

" Blast " had a great run. It lasted 15 years ( 1999-2014 ) which was 6 years longer than Star of Indiana lasted in DCI ( 1984- 1993)

' Won a Tony Award in 2001 ( " Best Special Theatrical Event " ) and an Emmy Award ( " Best Choreography " ).

That was a wonderful production.

That's right. I think it was in the Bluecoats thread that someone talked about the Blast! sound guy helping them figure out all of the unique electronics, delay stuff, looping, etc.

The sound guy was the head of sound for Cirque. He's a Bluecoats alum.

Jim Moore and Jon Vanderkoff are the two I believe that are a big part of producing Blast.

• Like 1