Phantom Regiment 2016

It wasn't the samples last year for me - it's that they drowned out *all* of the drum features.

Mike

Not to continue to be the "Regiment apologist" or anything, but I'm fairly certain you can expect better coordination between beats and effects this year. Certain other higher-ups seem to be more open to modernizing, which means the incredibly talented writers don't have to try to awkwardly shoehorn ideas in.

Edit: Sorry if that's super vague and poorly written. I'm trying to relay things I've been told without being too gossipy, if that makes sense.

Edited by zachariaswmb
  • Like 2

People need to embrace that the drum activity in DCI is becoming parallel to WGI.

Taking elements from WGI to boost creativity is fine, that doesn't mean that DCI has to mimic WGI in every single way possible. I don't mind some sound effects, but don't do voice overs unless you can do them tastefully like the Blue Knights

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2

People need to embrace that the drum activity in DCI is becoming parallel to WGI.

The snare and bass drums look the same to me, anyway.

Edited by BRASSO

Janacek's "Sinfonietta" is just dying to get the "Regiment treatment".I have been demanding requesting that they play if EVERY year for a loong time. :tounge2:

Mike, I agree with this choice. I think Phantom could do wonders with this piece, maybe create their own "Story" with additional works.

With so little trickling out of Rockford, maybe it may be said that "Voices of Promise" has laryngitis.........................or they may just be trying to make us speechless?

Memorial Day parades usually reveal a few "secrets." Temps may call for a few cold custards at Culvers. (Yum.)

Edited by xandandl

With so little trickling out of Rockford, maybe it may be said that "Voices of Promise" has laryngitis.........................or they may just be trying to make us speechless?

Memorial Day parades usually reveal a few "secrets." Temps may call for a few cold custards at Culvers. (Yum.)

I just had Culvers the other day...much more tasty in the Arizona Heat.

• Like 1