Phantom Regiment 2016

It's a fitting repertoire for their 60th. Hoping for an equally strong visual book, with Tony Hall there we have a great shot, he does very well with Regiment.

• Like 1

I'm hoping for more power and emotion towards the end of the closer. Get people on their feet before the last note.

Also, I am hoping that when low brass come in with their half time melody, they march halftime through a form of fast moving high brass. That would be so sick and GE popping.

I'm hoping for more power and emotion towards the end of the closer. Get people on their feet before the last note.

Also, I am hoping that when low brass come in with their half time melody, they march halftime through a form of fast moving high brass. That would be so sick and GE popping.

Wow that would be really awesome!!

As for the closer, I'm sure it'll get reworked. I don't remember last year and 2013 as well but I know the 2012 and 2014 closers got massive reworks from Concert in the Park to the end of the season.

It sounded very pleasant, but I would be concerned at the lack of emotional depth. Also, regardless of the awkward Young Person's Guide transition, there must be something out there that would work better than that piece? Not to say the piece is bad, it's just been done so much before. Maybe an opportunity to create a new quintessentially Regiment piece was missed. I would also like to see how the theme will be implemented. As much as I may not have cared for the Paris show, it was very obvious that it was Paris. I don't hear anything screaming voice of promise (and no that doesn't mean put in a voice over saying just that)

• Like 1

So looking at them since 2009......is it me or are they not modernizing at all? I'm not saying they need to go full on deep meaning, electronic, new brass instrument chock filled shows, but it just seems like their show style is still very mid 2000s in approach in the way the arrange things, themes, ect. Maybe that's just me.

Not trying to talk crap, hate, or be super negative. Honest question.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

So looking at them since 2009......is it me or are they not modernizing at all? I'm not saying they need to go full on deep meaning, electronic, new brass instrument chock filled shows, but it just seems like their show style is still very mid 2000s in approach in the way the arrange things, themes, ect. Maybe that's just me.

Totally agree

• Like 1

All comes down to who's in charge of programming.

I'll PM you my opinion later; I've only heard it 3 times so far. :tounge2: