Phantom Regiment 2016

Why so? Very similar thematically to (though not the depth of) Crown's show last year.

I'd say that musically, there aren't enough "effect moments" as we are now defining them (not that there's anything wrong with today's brass arrangements, mind you). Visually, there wouldn't be enough diversity of vocabulary for the hornline. Would need a major overhaul, but let's just enjoy it for what it is, shall we? =)
  • Like 1

Why so? Very similar thematically to (though not the depth of) Crown's show last year.

Props (lack of), flag work (not as much variety and less dance work), demand (body movement), and less variety musically to demonstrate specific skills. It isn't modern enough to compete at the same level as it did in 2006.

I think a lot of the judging nowadays is prohibitive of developing one musical piece over a long course of time

• Like 1

Props (lack of), flag work (not as much variety and less dance work), demand (body movement), and less variety musically to demonstrate specific skills. It isn't modern enough to compete at the same level as it did in 2006.

I think a lot of the judging nowadays is prohibitive of developing one musical piece over a long course of time

Potentially agreed on the second and third, though I wouldn't call that "type of programming." I think the musical variety would be sufficient, however.

I'm guessing he means not good.

I just hope that this doesn't result in more firings of visual staff at the end of the season. What this corps needs is stability.

I just hope that this doesn't result in more firings of visual staff at the end of the season. What this corps needs is stability.

Cappy, what's more important, someone that can build a better product, and get the kids to perform/execute, or stability with someone who can't make that happen. The problem with stability with Phantom appears to be an upper management issue with power plays and ego's vs. do it my way...lose the WGI stuff. You do what you're told and don't buck the system or move on to a less hostile environment.

With so much proven talent leaving there's a bigger issue than what appears to be purely stability.

• Like 3