MADISON SCOUTS 2016

Madison's Broadway quality dancers and musicians are stunning this year, and this show has a few socko set pieces with that classic Madison wall of sound. Madison never fails to deliver a huge dose of showmanship. The dance soloists are fierce and convincing in their character work, and the color guard choreography is masterful-- subtle, suggestive and powerful. The entire production stays in the realm of the abstract, thankfully, and the entire visual team did a miraculous job interpreting tired, well worn, ten foot pole material.

- - -

The following is an analysis of the flawed show concept, the reason for the deflated scores:

2) STYLE: What happened to the daring humor and light camp feel to this musical? There isn't any now because of the 180 degree change in focus. This shift presents a style conflict versus the original. The raucous audience response in 1999 came from the balance of humor and heart rending sacrifice. But this show is pretty much just dark. The engine that makes this piece so likeable is broken.

4) BLACK JUDAS: Of course the production prolongs the myth of black Judas, a racist fabrication, as I've documented before. Go ahead and read something about historical depictions of Judas. Where's your new insight since the JCSS premiere 40 years ago? Does the original producer's intent in casting still stand up today, or do you have a new take on it, these 40 years later? None? Okay.

2) You deviated from the original. Why? IT DOESN'T WORK

4) You stayed true to the original. Why? IT DOESN'T WORK

Channel3, you always entertain.

Everyone on DCP should just say that every corps & show is great. We all love everything. Everything is great. No one should have meaningful discussion or debate. We should all agree that we all love everything.

Way too many over sensitive panty waists here.

• Like 1

Everyone on DCP should just say that every corps & show is great. We all love everything. Everything is great. No one should have meaningful discussion or debate. We should all agree that we all love everything.

I don't care if people have different opinions. If we were talking about the 2014 Scouts show, I would have an extremely different opinion. Just because I, or someone else, disagrees with what someone says doesn't mean we are being sensitive. I feel the Scouts have a show that could finish 7th this year - there is absolutely enough content and demand for them to end the season very well. They may not finish 7th, but they definitely have the show to take them there.

• Like 1

Comments like this are exactly why I have zero respect for some DCP users, and makes me wish that we weren't alums of the same organization.

Comments like this are exactly why I have zero respect for some DCP users, and makes me wish that we weren't alums of the same organization.

You likely have no idea the bad vibe you present of Madison alums with your frequent reactionary posts. I stopped reading the Madison thread last season when you were jumping down everybody's throat. Now you're at it again. You make yourself look bad. Others have told you this. Maybe it's time to reflect on this.

• Like 2

You likely have no idea the bad vibe you present of Madison alums with your frequent reactionary posts. I stopped reading the Madison thread last season when you were jumping down everybody's throat. Now you're at it again. You make yourself look bad. Others have told you this. Maybe it's time to reflect on this.

I make myself look bad for calling out people that criticizing a show they haven't seen, or in most cases have seen it on a video, and believe that's a true representation, and I call people out for offensive and classless comments, and I need to reflect? That's cute.

I also send a bad vibe by supporting my younger brothers and speak positively about what they're doing on the field each season, and question people on motives when they ##### about the organization and staff on DCP rather than using sources that the corps has in place where someone may actual take their comments seriously? That's really quite adorable.

Sorry for calling people out for their personal biases against the Madison Scouts and those involved with the corps, I guess I should just let people be ######## and respect their ########.

Yeah...not going to happen.

Go Madison!

Edited by tesmusic

Who has the most insane alumni base on DCP? It's a close three horse race between Madison Scouts, Phantom Regiment, and Cadets imo

Maybe it'll be a photo-finish a la Triple Crown

Who has the most insane alumni base on DCP? It's a close three horse race between Madison Scouts, Phantom Regiment, and Cadets imo

You're probably right, but if we had a similar race about overzealous fanboy/fangirls that never marched, I think that would be between Crown, Bluecoats, and of course an Illinois tie of Phantom and the Cavaliers.

• Like 1

I'm a total BD homer, and an unashamed one as well. I marched and taught with the corps, and think they do no wrong.

• Like 1