MADISON SCOUTS 2016

is catching PR a possibility this year?

There's nothing to catch. They haven't been at a show together so there is no way to say the PR is/isn't scoring higher yet.

Edited by tesmusic
  • Like 2

Some folks just can't help themselves. I can understand to a point. Back in the day when you had two Wisconsin corps in the upper echelon of DCI there had to have been a natural rivalry. These days it's not so much hometown folks in the corps but pride in your own corps isn't something to be ashamed of.

Speaking of hometown folks in the corps...I never ever thought that I would see the day when there isn't one single member of the Madison Scouts from Madison, WI. There are 1 or 2 members from nearby towns though.

Speaking of hometown folks in the corps...I never ever thought that I would see the day when there isn't one single member of the Madison Scouts from Madison, WI. .

Things change.

Things change.

Yes, unfortunately. I wonder if there are local kids who submit audition videos who aren't chosen, or if local kids aren't even trying out.

There's nothing to catch. They haven't been at a show together so there is no way to say the PR is/isn't scoring higher yet.

Based on spreads between Phantom and Blue Stars, and Madison and Blue Stars, I think it's safe to say Phantom is ahead right now. Yes, absolutely, I think Madison can catch Phantom.

Based on spreads between Phantom and Blue Stars, and Madison and Blue Stars, I think it's safe to say Phantom is ahead right now. Yes, absolutely, I think Madison can catch Phantom.

Hard to say for sure. They haven't been head-to-head yet, right?

http://ascendperformingarts.org/scores/

I think BD just sort of got left behind during those years. Brass wise, they won two Otts (ties with Star) in '91 and '93. Star emerged as a super power in 1990 also. BD definitely got things back on track in a big way in '94 and hasn't looked back since. I wonder if Star leaving the activity after '93 helped. I wonder what corps benefited most from the '93 Star members that wanted to march in '94. BD already had its amazing brassline in place, so I wonder if they picked up Star members in percussion and guard.

They picked up Todd Ryan from Star.

Incidentally, Todd Ryan was with MADISON when they won in '88.