MADISON SCOUTS 2016

Who has the most insane alumni base on DCP? It's a close three horse race between Madison Scouts, Phantom Regiment, and Cadets imo

Maybe it'll be a photo-finish a la Triple Crown

Actually you are only part right, This also depends on what you mean by insane. That can be in a good way or very bad...lol There are a few quite known in the activity that have driven people ( especially staff ) away if not every year for sure every few years.

I don't care if people have different opinions. If we were talking about the 2014 Scouts show, I would have an extremely different opinion. Just because I, or someone else, disagrees with what someone says doesn't mean we are being sensitive. I feel the Scouts have a show that could finish 7th this year - there is absolutely enough content and demand for them to end the season very well. They may not finish 7th, but they definitely have the show to take them there.

I love your loyalty. While not trying to p### you off, I fear I will. A few thoughts here.

The positives first:

They sound like Madison in a new way.

The music is refreshingly not arranged like anyone else's.

The deliver the old Madison swagger in spades.

The soloists have finally risen to a level that can be somewhat compared to their glory soloists.

The re-done JCSS music is fun in a nostalgic and associative way.

They are finally loosing their old marching style for a better, modern version.

The show is overall quite exciting.

The areas of needed attention:

There are ten main voices in the drum corps orchestration palate: metal keys, wooden keys, aux percussion/timp/piano,

high brass, low brass, snares/tenors, bass drums, electronic effects, electronic doubling/boosting, silence. Madison, uses few of these stand alone,

or in creative combinations.

On this concept alone, Scouts are five years behind.

There are ten main voices in the drum corps orchestration palate: metal keys, wooden keys, aux percussion/timp/piano,

high brass, low brass, snares/tenors, bass drums, electronic effects, electronic doubling/boosting, silence. Madison, uses few of these stand alone,

How could they fix this problem?

Everyone on DCP should just say that every corps & show is great. We all love everything. Everything is great. No one should have meaningful discussion or debate. We should all agree that we all love everything

I love your post. It's great.

I love your post. It's great.

Thank you. I love your post too.

Make drum corp great again!

• Like 1

I love your loyalty. While not trying to p### you off, I fear I will. A few thoughts here.

The positives first:

They sound like Madison in a new way.

The music is refreshingly not arranged like anyone else's.

The deliver the old Madison swagger in spades.

The soloists have finally risen to a level that can be somewhat compared to their glory soloists.

The re-done JCSS music is fun in a nostalgic and associative way.

They are finally loosing their old marching style for a better, modern version.

The show is overall quite exciting.

Edited by henry7184

Who has the most insane alumni base on DCP? It's a close three horse race between Madison Scouts, Phantom Regiment, and Cadets imo

Maybe it'll be a photo-finish a la Triple Crown

this is mild. 3 or 4 seasons ago the madmen were completely out of control. as in -- don't even enter the thread or risk mortal incineration.

• Like 1

2) You deviated from the original. Why? IT DOESN'T WORK

4) You stayed true to the original. Why? IT DOESN'T WORK

Channel3, you always entertain.

You're a binary thinker. On. Off. Yes. No. For here. To go. 100%. 0%. All. Nothing. All guns good. All Democrats bad. Original approach. Complete departure.

Can it be true that the original tone could have successfully been retained, AND at the same time a new casting approach been tried? Yes, one hundred percent. ;)

PS: If you were to magically design a show from a lighting control board, with controls for everything from arrangements to choreography, from percussion features to theme, would you prefer a board with multiple dials that turn from one to ten? Or would you prefer multiple toggle switches which go on or off?

If Madison's show coordinators were to create a new musical adaptation of Evita, focusing only on Juan Peron, Evita's husband and ruler of Argentina, but using only the original music, how would it work? What would the point be? Would it require new music in order to fill out the Juan Peron character and make it deep? Would the original music be enough to create a new thematic argument? Would the show still be passionate and have the same tone? Would Juan Peron now be a hero character? Would they keep the same ending? Would he remarry? What new insight would the production have?