MADISON SCOUTS 2016

Everyone on DCP should just say that every corps & show is great. We all love everything. Everything is great. No one should have meaningful discussion or debate. We should all agree that we all love everything.

Way too many over sensitive panty waists here.

That's why I begin each post with a cheerleading section to satisfy the soccer moms and veiny necked hockey dads. The kids are great. The kids are great. They're great. Great. Honestly. Great. Now, let's eviscerate the design team who are totally exposed and underpaid.

If Madison's show coordinators were to create a new musical adaptation of Evita, focusing only on Juan Peron, Evita's husband and ruler of Argentina, but using only the original music, how would it work? What would the point be? Would it require new music in order to fill out the Juan Peron character and make it deep? Would the original music be enough to create a new thematic argument? Would the show still be passionate and have the same tone? Would Juan Peron now be a hero character? Would they keep the same ending? Would he remarry? What new insight would the production have?

Who cares? Really. The show is entertaining as hell. I don't need to figure out the message they are trying to portray. I just enjoy the great drill and great music.

• Like 1

You're a binary thinker. On. Off. Yes. No. For here. To go. 100%. 0%. All. Nothing. All guns good. All Democrats bad. Original approach. Complete departure.

Can it be true that the original tone could have successfully been retained, AND at the same time a new casting approach been tried? Yes, one hundred percent. ;)

PS: If you were to magically design a show from a lighting control board, with controls for everything from arrangements to choreography, from percussion features to theme, would you prefer a board with multiple dials that turn from one to ten? Or would you prefer multiple toggle switches which go on or off?

I'm a binary thinker? You say that as though there's something wrong with that. :confused:

C'mon you were giving us the answers. We want the solutions. Don't tell me what we Could do. ...tell me what to do. I don't want to have to think too much about this, just gimme the answer. How should the Scouts present JCS? No black Judas, I got that. Put the light comic relief moments back in. Check. What else?

You think this is bad, just wait until Blue Stars start beating them again :wow:

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

1. This is a Madison Scouts thread.

2. Can we please not reignite the whole "The Madison Scouts are better than The Blue Stars or The Blue Stars are better than The Madison Scouts" debate? Good grief.

Some folks just can't help themselves. I can understand to a point. Back in the day when you had two Wisconsin corps in the upper echelon of DCI there had to have been a natural rivalry. These days it's not so much hometown folks in the corps but pride in your own corps isn't something to be ashamed of.

• Like 2

Some folks just can't help themselves. I can understand to a point. Back in the day when you had two Wisconsin corps in the upper echelon of DCI there had to have been a natural rivalry. These days it's not so much hometown folks in the corps but pride in your own corps isn't something to be ashamed of.

Two? The Kitties would like to have a word with you.

1975:

1. Scouts

5. Blue Stars

7. Kilties

1973:

3. Blue Stars

4. Scouts

5. Kilties

Just 2 examples. There are more.

Edited by HockeyDad

You think this is bad, just wait until Blue Stars start beating them again :wow:

What if Blue Stars don't by the end of the year? How will you feel?