If you started a new drum corps...

So the "If you won the lotto" thread got me thinking...if you did come into a few millions of dollars, and did decide to provide the funds to start a new drum corps, what would you name it?

I always liked the "military unit" type names, so I guess I might go with Paladins.

I've also thought about names related to the geographical area I'm from. Lots of lakes, rivers and forests...haven't come up with anything good though.

Y'all's turn now.

I would call it Glorious Goo and then not use a synthesizer. Just for fun.

I once had a dream that I was at DCI Finals and the corps I founded, The Belleaires, came in second. I not sure where that name came from, but when I was a kid, we vacationed on Belleaire Beach in near Clearwater, Florida. So, if I ever founded a corps, it would be named The Belleaires.

• Like 1

Or, if you had unlimited funds why not start a new drum corps circuit?

..if you did come into a few millions of dollars, and did decide to provide the funds to start a new drum corps, what would you name it?

I dreamed ( or nightmared ) that if Millionaire Donald Trump started a Drum Corps, that he'd call it The Trumpetts.

That Corps would just have to be very, very, loud and in your face I would imagine.

And for props on the field ? I don't know. But you'd have to naturally expect some large Towers of some kind.... with his name on them.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

The Commonwealth Crusaders. They'd be based in Northern Virginia. Main colors will be black and white, with green accents (for the beautiful greenery in Virginia, of course, and the lack of official state colors).

The Helotes Cornhuskers..... (town I teach in is Helotes- means Corn in Spanish)

• Like 1