Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

It's nice to see another corps be looked at as a contender.

• Like 1

Since about last night's show or so, I'm starting to hear some more disappointing comments about the Bluecoats' show. I've been hearing opinions such as the show seems more like a novelty now, there isn't enough demand in this year's books (especially brass and colorguard), the visual program is very repetitive, etc.

Maybe they'll get stuck in this rut for the rest of the season, or maybe they'll improve. But right now, IMO, this is the kind of show that is better appreciated in an indoor setting (i.e. San Antonio, Atlanta, Indy). As a result, I'll hold back my humble opinion of this show until it is seen in one of those settings.

Someone thinks the brass book is easy? :shutup:

That's just crazy!

• Like 4

Cadevilina Crown, on 03 Jul 2016 - 09:21 AM, said:snapback.png

Since about last night's show or so, I'm starting to hear some more disappointing comments about the Bluecoats' show. I've been hearing opinions such as the show seems more like a novelty now, there isn't enough demand in this year's books (especially brass and colorguard), the visual program is very repetitive, etc.

Maybe they'll get stuck in this rut for the rest of the season, or maybe they'll improve. But right now, IMO, this is the kind of show that is better appreciated in an indoor setting (i.e. San Antonio, Atlanta, Indy). As a result, I'll hold back my humble opinion of this show until it is seen in one of those settings.

This show is rather spectacular outdoors too...and is 7-0 in its first 7 performances. I think that speaks well to any concerns you mention above.

Rest assured there are no judges expressing concern about "lack of demand" in the brass and guard books. :silly: Hope you get to see it LIVE.

• Like 1

Someone thinks the brass book is easy? :shutup:

That's just crazy!

Laughable.

It reminds me of the old claims that BD doesn't march.

• Like 3

Boy... that would be a bummer if they got stuck in a first-place-with-wide-margin rut.

Would be terribly unfortunate indeed...

😃