Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

My guess is it will be talked about like the second coming of Jesus

Maybe not on DCP, but definitely everywhere else on social media. Both them and Crown

👎👎👎 closer and had a better lineup. We decided tonight was a better deal.

I agree. That is why we are leaving for Indy right now!

at least being on the west coast I just go to the theater after work, don't have to kill 3 hours waiting after work on the east coast :)

My guess is it will be talked about like the second coming of Jesus

Just curious since I'm sort of new to DCP, why is there such a dislike to Crown and sometimes Bloo fans? I see on other threads people bash them a lot and it confuses me because aren't they just showing support to their favorite corps just like everyone else? I've read that both corps fans tend to be biased in their opinions but again, isn't that how it is for every other corps one way or another? For example, if I were to say Crown or Bloo would take the win this season, there'd be a lot of eye rolling. I could just be new, and not know what's going on maybe someone could clear up what seems to be a sort of discrimination for lack of a better word? Oh also, I quoted you BlueStainGlass because of the sarcasm in your comment, I see comments like that a lot. (btw I'm not trying to start a fight)

Edited by johnpendell

Just curious since I'm sort of new to DCP, why is there such a dislike to Crown and sometimes Bloo fans? I see on other threads people bash them a lot and it confuses me because aren't they just showing support to their favorite corps just like everyone else? I've read that both corps fans tend to be biased in their opinions but again, isn't that how it is for every other corps one way or another? For example, if I were to say Crown or Bloo would take the win this season, there'd be a lot of eye rolling. I could just be new, and not know what's going on maybe someone could clear up what seems to be a sort of discrimination for lack of a better word?

We tend to be a lot more positive, sometimes to a fault admittedly. I guess they don't feel like we look at them objectively and through rose colored glasses at every turn. Which I don't think is true in most cases, but some.

I don't understand it. There is a lot to be positive about the past few years if you are a fan of one of them, so what if we get a little overexcited and go a little fan girl? I guess that's what happens when you have shows that have huge appeal to the general masses and are general crowd pleasers. If their show sucks tonight I will be the first to so how dissapointed I am, but if it's not I will rant and rave because they deserve it, not because I blindly support them.

It's DCP, excessive positivism isn't popular. ;)

I will fan girl away, I don't care. As long as they earn it first.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Just curious since I'm sort of new to DCP, why is there such a dislike to Crown and sometimes Bloo fans? I see on other threads people bash them a lot and it confuses me because aren't they just showing support to their favorite corps just like everyone else? I've read that both corps fans tend to be biased in their opinions but again, isn't that how it is for every other corps one way or another? For example, if I were to say Crown or Bloo would take the win this season, there'd be a lot of eye rolling. I could just be new, and not know what's going on maybe someone could clear up what seems to be a sort of discrimination for lack of a better word? Oh also, I quoted you BlueStainGlass because of the sarcasm in your comment, I see comments like that a lot. (btw I'm not trying to start a fight)

A disproportionate number of their fans (not all of them obviously, and none over here on DCP to my knowledge) are very young and can be quite obnoxious on social media. Many of them are fans for Crown and Bloo to the point that they openly bash other corps that place in front of Bloo and Crown, as if some injustice has been done or the results were rigged.

Atleast, that's my reasoning.

• Like 1

A disproportionate number of their fans (not all of them obviously, and none over here on DCP to my knowledge) are very young and can be quite obnoxious on social media. Many of them are fans for Crown and Bloo to the point that they openly bash other corps that place in front of Bloo and Crown, as if some injustice has been done or the results were rigged.

Atleast, that's my reasoning.

Yup, that's why I don't read social media drum corps stuff. Though I've seen that for a lot more corps as well.

My post was my DCP perspective. For the record.