Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

Just curious since I'm sort of new to DCP, why is there such a dislike to Crown and sometimes Bloo fans? I see on other threads people bash them a lot and it confuses me because aren't they just showing support to their favorite corps just like everyone else? I've read that both corps fans tend to be biased in their opinions but again, isn't that how it is for every other corps one way or another? For example, if I were to say Crown or Bloo would take the win this season, there'd be a lot of eye rolling. I could just be new, and not know what's going on maybe someone could clear up what seems to be a sort of discrimination for lack of a better word? Oh also, I quoted you BlueStainGlass because of the sarcasm in your comment, I see comments like that a lot. (btw I'm not trying to start a fight)

Perhaps it is because 1) many of the Crown fans are young bandos without much history or experience in drum corps; they speak in band terms with everything so glowing and marshmellowie that one can get diabetes reading it.

2)The Bloo fans have only one motif: we are the corps doing the newest and most outlandish; everybody else is a fuddy-duddy.

3) Several threads of corps with much older histories in drum corps are much harder on their own corps (present day) to match the integrity and histories of that organization over the past years. Boston, Cadets, Cavaliers, Crossmen, SCV, Troopers, and lately even BD alums are of that mold. Boston, Madison and BD are particularly sensitive if someone outside their family criticizes the family.

• Like 1

A disproportionate number of their fans (not all of them obviously, and none over here on DCP to my knowledge) are very young and can be quite obnoxious on social media. Many of them are fans for Crown and Bloo to the point that they openly bash other corps that place in front of Bloo and Crown, as if some injustice has been done or the results were rigged.

Atleast, that's my reasoning.

I second this and for once i wasn't sarcastic! Before they've even played people (not even alumni that have seen it) are saying its the greatest and have bashed the other corps.

I don't buy into hype and it annoys me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by BlueStainGlass
  • Like 1

So because they do that, it's okay to be snarky and cynical if we get a little excited on here.........hmm.

How about we just support/criticize a corps because of what THEY do, and not because their fan base ###### us off some? There are a few bases on here that constantly leave a bad taste in my mouth, but I don't go around to their threads to be snarky and sarcastic to push their buttons.

If we wanna hype, let us hype. I think we all do that for one corps every year, whether it be someone you are an alum for or someone you just consistently enjoy. If it annoys you SO much, just ignore it instead of trying to get a rise out of some certain groups. THAT is annoying.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Estimated time before the event:

0 Days 4 Hours 4 Mins 56 Secs

true blue #4 https://www.facebook.com/Bluecoats/videos/10157062297690710/

If one watches whats in the background there could be clues....

FACEBOOK:

Bluecoats

Like This Page · 1 hr near Indianapolis, IN ·

It's about time to let you all in on what's happening just outside of the frame of these pictures! #Bloo16#DCI

Yep. Lots of clues.....

So because they do that, it's okay to be snarky and cynical if we get a little excited on here.........hmm.

How about we just support/criticize a corps because of what THEY do, and not because their fan base ###### us off some? There are a few bases on here that constantly leave a bad taste in my mouth, but I don't go around to their threads to be snarky and sarcastic to push their buttons.

If we wanna hype, let us hype. I think we all do that for one corps every year, whether it be someone you are an alum for or someone you just consistently enjoy. If it annoys you SO much, just ignore it instead of trying to get a rise out of some certain groups. THAT is annoying.

Since you are directing this at me. I have said nothing bad about the corps and was just answering the posters question just like the others. I made a post describing the response that I believe viewers will have. Devils advocate - if people want to be sarcastic (some users are amazing at sarcastic comments) let them do it and ignore. Cappy posted it in a topic yesterday and I agree some groups get special treatment. And to end if you have a problem with me I'd rather it go to PM instead of in front of everyone because I would gladly talk about it and try to fix it.

Sorry for the soapbox

• Like 1

Since you are directing this at me. I have said nothing bad about the corps and was just answering the posters question just like the others. I made a post describing the response that I believe viewers will have. Devils advocate - if people want to be sarcastic (some users are amazing at sarcastic comments) let them do it and ignore. Cappy posted it in a topic yesterday and I agree some groups get special treatment. And to end if you have a problem with me I'd rather it go to PM instead of in front of everyone because I would gladly talk about it and try to fix it.

Sorry for the soapbox

What I am saying is definitely not restricted to this thread. I'm done if you are.

I will go back to hyping if that's okay. :)

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

When I marched with Bluuuue we marched down the hill of the Soap Box derby :)