Announcements of next seasons' shows

The common thread in show structure amongst the most success corps (score and placement wise) seems to be an intro, development of a story and a conclusion. Hopefully Cadets will follow the rules next season and be at the top where they should be. (IMO). Crown did this magnificently this past season,

As did BD

Most likely due to people always putting down any excitement for cadets show's and believing they'll be cheese fests.

That's because recently, more often than not, they do end up being cheese fests

I hope Cadets wait until June to make their show announcement.

I hope they take it to 11 next year.

• Like 1

Presenting their 2016 show, "This is Spinal Tap", The Cadets!

They did do a "stonehenge" show after all...

• Like 1

The Pearl Harbor show was speculated in Allentown at the end of 2011 which was the anniversary of the bombing of Hawaii. However, as the winter progressed, the recall of the anniversary waned and other directions became preferred on Hamilton. "A day which will live in in....famy" didn't reach the field until 2014 if you all recall.

I heard that they played snippets of the planned music for the members and supporters, BUT...

...wait for it...

...it bombed.

• Like 2

I think Cadets may be one of the first to announce their show, or at least drop hints about it. George mentioned at the end of the season on his Facebook page that he really enjoyed being open with the fans on the design process this year, and plans to do it again for next season. So, watch GH's facebook if you want to see what the Cadets are up to during the off-season.

You mean...they're going to do a Trooper Tribute show?? Egads...

May I.ask why?

Most likely due to people always putting down any excitement for cadets show's and believing they'll be cheese fests.

What he said.

Honestly I think this past season was a wake up call for GH. IMO, they thought they were going to come out and win it all and arguably so but it must be brutally obvious to them now that design has changed and they are behind the game there. They put out an amazing drum corps every year but they need to really take a hard look at what is rewarded. Why waste all that talent.

You're calling for the operation of someone's mind? I fail to believe they thought they were gonna come out winning it all. The current drum corps climate doesn't allow such thinking and I don't believe Cadets would EVER feel that way.

That's because recently, more often than not, they do end up being cheese fests

No, it's primarily because so many people are always negative about what they decide to come out with so there's no point in coming out early with a show concept.

I heard that they played snippets of the planned music for the members and supporters, BUT...

...wait for it...

...it bombed.

Where did you hear this?

• Like 1

What he said.

You're calling for the operation of someone's mind? I fail to believe they thought they were gonna come out winning it all. The current drum corps climate doesn't allow such thinking and I don't believe Cadets would EVER feel that way.

No, it's primarily because so many people are always negative about what they decide to come out with so there's no point in coming out early with a show concept.

Where did you hear this?

Yup, I'll let Tekk, someone who is currently in the US Military, handle everyfan's slight to the War dead under the guise of humor. Poor taste.