Cadets 2016

Tobias

Completely agree. Dare I say it sounds better than 2013 and 2015 to my ear at this stage. Just insane.

Yep. Percussion is ahead of last year. Way ahead. (This is from inside the line and he doesn't BS).
  • Like 1

I really hope the design comes together for these kids. If it does and the guard follows suit, they should keep this summer interesting.

• Like 1

I really hope the design comes together for these kids. If it does and the guard follows suit, they should keep this summer interesting.

Yep it's all about design but I'm glad there's some new blood on staff. They tend to push themselves more to prove themselves and with Cadet talent, allows them to have some fun.

Seeing some interesting things drill wise, that's probably my biggest question mark right now with them.

Darryl (drill writer) marched Cadets 7 years and then taught for a few years and learned from Jeff as Jeff learned from Mark n George so not worried about drill. Guard is my big question mark. I know they'll be clean with Kristy by latter part of season (unlike last year) but the writer needs to be on his mark. We'll see.

Darryl (drill writer) marched Cadets 7 years and then taught for a few years and learned from Jeff as Jeff learned from Mark n George so not worried about drill. Guard is my big question mark. I know they'll be clean with Kristy by latter part of season (unlike last year) but the writer needs to be on his mark. We'll see.

I'm familiar with his work in the high school world, what I remember was really high octane stuff.

Design will be huge. As you say, we know they'll be CLEAN. She'll get them "April clean"

The clip Hop shared, some of the guard ends up down on the front stage they have planned. Should be interesting assuming they are doing work at that point (they have silks)

I thought the 2014 stage was very underutilized so I'm excited to see them actually drum/spin/blow ON the risers in the front

I also can't get over how strong they sound on the move this early. Wow. Even ensemble sounds pretty solid for the first time lining up on the move...

Crazy how talented these members are anymore...

I'm familiar with his work in the high school world, what I remember was really high octane stuff.

he's certainly got them moving in the shared section considering the music doesn't really demand it... Very aggressive approach in that section, and I love it. Corps just seems to be eating it up like it is a snack.