Cadets 2016

Tobias

I miss the M&G also - but I do think for this show retaining the black made sense. Knowing the mood of what they are aiming to achieve

I'm excited so see more of the drill hit the field and especially see how the guard comes together over the next few weeks...

Awakening into the M&G in August...

Glad to see my early read on that drumline is still holding up.

I still think they will come in 4th or 5th, but ####### it, that Appian Way clip was awesome.

Maybe 8th or 10th. Cadets are really struggling this off season. Maybe they'll miss finals?

It's a 1st place corps, just like last year, but corps don't win titles anymore.

PoR is classic and the presentation is traditional. This segment of the show is about power and excellence. The Makey pieces are very modern snd this is were you will see more staging, props, a more modern visual interpretation and the ending goes back to a run n gun closer. The corps will be outstanding (the talent is absurd) snd the show will be great and score well. Placements are relative to how everyone else is but last season IF the guard was competitive (cost them a point), they would have been right at a 97 in the thick of everything with a very traditional show. Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

Just that GE is 40 of the 100 points possible, and GE largely measures how well a show is designed -- something the performers have zero control over.

Well, I'll guess then that your initial read is that it's a fourth place design, right? I really want to understand how that's possible when the design is so early. It's sure possible that design will advance through the season. Also, as we've seen so many times, execution can pull scores enough to overcome design, even if it's less common. I would say 2015 was a good example of that. But I'm sure that's just me.

Well, I'll guess then that your initial read is that it's a fourth place design, right? I really want to understand how that's possible when the design is so early.

With 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015, the design team burned through their goodwill with me when it comes to the assumption that they will put together a program that competes. I don't really care about the placements whatsoever. I loved last year's show SO MUCH, but I've just accepted that the new normal over there is a show that doesn't check all the boxes competitively. Just my opinion!