Cadets 2016

Tobias

:soapbox:OMG.... He isn't going to add (GULP) 2..big.. statues.. of .. CHEESE to each end zone is he??? :wall::mat:

they've been planning to add them toward the end zones - if it isn't positive to the judges they could vanish just as quickly hahahahaha

personally I'm not a fan of it

Ugh....

WHY?!!?!?

• Like 1

At the end of the day, I think four corps of last year's top 12 (Cadets, SCV, Madison and Regiment) are playing for the fans, and everyone else is playing to the sheets. I am a HUGE Crown homer, and I don't care for their show this year. I didn't care for their show at this time last year, and it is now one of my all time favorites, so I am hoping that will turn around by seasons end.

As much as I'm not a fan of a large portion of the Cadet visual show this year, there is some serious demand there. Simultaneous demand. To me, playing WHILE moving at fast speeds is more demanding and more content oriented than doing non-stop body movements/prancing/dancing while playing instead of playing and marching simultaneously, yet it seems is the latter that gets rewarded (both musically and visually).

I don't know crap about percussion, but I do think the Cadets should be battling for the lead in the music captions. To me their musical ensemble has more simultaneous demands than anyone else.

If it weren't for the Cadets, Regiment, SCV and Madison (and potentially Crown) I would kiss DCI bye-bye!

Being fourth or fifth is a tremendous accomplishment, it certainly is not failure. 2016 Cadets are as much a victim of expectations as they are their own shortcomings. If this was Crossmen or Academy, they would be the greatest story of the year.

Cadets have one of the most poorly conceived shows of the season, and yet are still in the running for a medal. That is wholly due to their playing and marching abilities and achievements.

Ugh....

WHY?!!?!?

I find it unnecessary. I guess we can see what the idea or plan is... If they are just parked there the entire show I agree it is pure cheese. Maybe there's more to it.

they've been planning to add them toward the end zones - if it isn't positive to the judges they could vanish just as quickly hahahahaha

personally I'm not a fan of it

Oh it could be much much worse. At least they're not adding cheesy narration. I can ignore a prop. I'm can't ignore "that is what he said" being driven into my skull.

• Like 1

Oh it could be much much worse. At least they're not adding cheesy narration. I can ignore a prop. I'm can't ignore "that is what he said" being driven into my skull.

Ironically, that show with all the cheese added was, except for one night, the silver medal corps of that tour.

no, I didn't miss it.

I don't have any further info from my own experience and have been more concerned with two vets I sponsor who want to leave tour and come home now for various reasons. Evidently not all are happy but I think some of it may have to do with the dastardly Southern heat and humidity (Texas and MS), some with the changes and how they being instructed/implemented, some with the lack of competitive success and some with issues not having to do with the drum corps or its personnel. Wish me the best that I can convince each to stay the two weeks.

But when I originally saw the uniforms-for-sale announcement I noted how vague it was beyond whatever would be worn for the 2016 championships. Could be guard, present uniform, or a changed set of fabrics. The announcement is open-ended which is why various folks are giving various interpretations here and elsewhere..

Hope you can convince them to stay. They would be letting down 148 other folks who have put their hearts and souls into this season right next to them.

• Like 1