Cadets 2016

Tobias

Dying in this dastardly heat and humidity, here I was checking my passport and packing my bags for Tim Horton's Field in Hamilton, Ontario.

But alas, it's off to Hoosierville again, bringing the earplugs to drown out the grannies and ninnies from Florida, Cali, and Texas complaining LOS is just too cold. Bshaw, buy a corps sweater from the souvie table.

Its so funny you mentioned this I just packed and jeans and t-shirts is my plan with a pullover

I always dressed too cool and froze last time

NO MORE bring back the goodies. Enough. Do something different. I love Angels and Demons because it was a new thing they did. I want more of that.

LOL and for me I really didnt like that program much

Actually Cadets' judges' tapes for the past week have been quite wonderful, even exuberant from some picky greenshirts. But the numbers just haven't matched the adjectives. Hope Indy sees some improvement..

NO LOL. It WON them their last and 10th DCI Championship and over BD by over .6. That in my book is a lot. It was fresh and original. My 2nd fav, Cadets show.

It was pretty dirty and I found a lot of it trite

I loved the opener until the pole war and the closing minute was very strong

Actually Cadets' judges' tapes for the past week have been quite wonderful, even exuberant from some picky greenshirts. But the numbers just haven't matched the adjectives. Hope Indy sees some improvement..

Yeah the feedback is much improved

GE is still lagging and the gap last night was just ridiculousin terms of GE

Hopefully on INDY, judges will evaluate the New and improved Cadets and be willing to assign better numbers. It really is a different corps now.

LOL and for me I really didnt like that program much

Not enough rehashed material for you? Lol

Cadets 2017 - 30th anniversary of 1987. Just sayin'

Who's up for some Copland? Announce it early and a billion kids would try out.

Current marching members weren't even alive when Cadets did Appalachian Spring the first time

Bring back the sunrise in the east, sunset in the west start and finish as well as the dissolving company front - rest all new

Marc is back in the fold to write the crazy whiplash drill and all new integrated staging for the guard

Score it real close the original with modern percussion via Colin - and... they have the guard to bring it to life now!

Back in the M&G for this one!

I'd be down with it.

Not me. They just played parts of it in 2014, and they turned it into a cheese-fest. Just stop. It's not possible in modern DCI to improve on Garfield 1987. You can only tarnish the memories.

Please move on, to some worthy music we haven't heard before, to visuals and movement that match the best in modern DCI, and to a well-conceived, well-coordinated program that is effective on June 1st.

I'd personally rather see Cadets continue this transformation, and give us something new and exciting in terms of program. Play music that hasn't been done on the field...even if it's not the Americana or wind-band stuff we're used to from them.

I'm probably more for this. They've invested in this new style of design and they have new visual and guard staff. I think they need to give it one more year without changing course too much. Just refine the approach. Maybe go back to Maroon, Gold, and Cream for a year but perhaps try something with some unique props and a continued look into this new visual design. Maybe have Marc Sylvester help from the beginning as a consultant.

As for music, honestly I think Cadets always play great music. That's rarely been their issue. 2009 - 2016 have all had fantastic horn and perc books. 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014 (until the end) and 2015 are my favs. 2011 is fantastic too, but that was a total masterpiece of a show. I'm confident they will pick amazing music, and once again Jay & Colin will arrange the heck out of it. The question is: how will they sell it? What theme, concept, or story will they choose to convey that music.

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 2