No Detailed Recaps

Which corps voted against this?

Don't say INT. If you say INT, I'm cutting you out of my will. :tongue:

Corps XYZ won because...magic

Yeah as nutty as things have been lately (in a good way: meaning Blue Devils for the first time in their history came-from-behind and won DCI Finals after placing 2nd in Quarters and Semis) I'm definitely bummed at the lack-of-transparency in DCI 2016. This seems like a huge step backwards to me. I personally am a critical thinker, and I love watching shows knowing corps' individual strengths & weaknesses. I think this will not help my enthusiasm in the activity, but that's just me.

It will be funny, though, when, say, BD continues to be dominant and people can't blame slotting nonsense.

• Like 1

Yeah as nutty as things have been lately (in a good way: meaning Blue Devils for the first time in their history came-from-behind and won DCI Finals after placing 2nd in Quarters and Semis) I'm definitely bummed at the lack-of-transparency in DCI 2016. This seems like a huge step backwards to me. I personally am a critical thinker, and I love watching shows knowing corps' individual strengths & weaknesses. I think this will not help my enthusiasm in the activity, but that's just me.

It will be funny, though, when, say, BD continues to be dominant and people can't blame slotting nonsense.

The fact that judges are even mentioned in the press release says to me 21 corps don't trust the integrity of the judges hired.

• Like 7

We'll never know: DCI isn't publishing recaps in 2016...

Until it gets changed next year by someone other than the winner

Well lets do this in the sports leagues, no rushing and passing stats in NFL, no save percentage in NFL and no... well about everything in MLB.

For those of us who like to follow DC is a detailed way or follow one part of the corps more than others... TS

Talk about killing the horse because it has a sore hoof......

DCI should just evolve even further with this, and just not announce the scores at all to the public until Championships Week. Besides, not having the recaps made public is just really a half measure here, imo. Plus, if we fans can get settled in and now happily resigned to having Drum & Bugle Corps competitions without Drum and / or Brass, or Guard judges for shows halfway into the shortened 8 week season now, whats the useful tangible benefit of recaps being made public from these current half sized judging panels anyway ? In my view, not a heckava lot... really. I'd actually be fine now if DCI just went full measure now, and just scrapped all the public scores in all the DCI shows until Championships Week. Heck, who knows, we might be happy and lucky enough to find out down the road that this is where DCI intends to take this all in the future anyway.

Baby Steps.

I keep saying...

nm

Which corps voted against this?

Don't say INT. If you say INT, I'm cutting you out of my will. :tongue:

And you get a shirt! And you get a shirt! And you . . .

Does anyone know what percentage of DCI's fans actually ever look at recaps?

Maybe the reason for the change is that Crown got tired of hearing everybody complain all season about how they were doing badly in percussion.

Is this a lob across my bow? Harumph.

Don't get me started, but I appreciate your humor.

Not gonna lie... I was a page refresher almost every night waiting for the recaps.

It really doesn't make much sense to keep anyone in the dark. Recaps are pretty much the only way to follow the season at home if you don't subscribe to DCI Live. I rarely look at an overall score. DCI really is a game of the captions. And I love watching that game throughout the season. You can win or lose it by one of those captions. Seeing overall scores does nothing for me. I like to see spreads between captions. See a caption's growth over the season. It was much easier to see Phantom's rise in 08 in the captions... and I called their taking of 2nd in 06 by watching the race between the captions... not the overall score. Just a few examples.

I'm probably not the majority of fans. My guess is.. like the majority of DCI fans who aren't on this site... they don't give a rats ### about recaps.

Thankfully I'm involved with a corps... so i'll see the recaps to whatever show they are at as long as they still post that on their individual competition suite page.

Overall this will probably have zero effect on judging. Most of them are too flakey to probably even know numbers were viewable to the public......

• Like 2