No Detailed Recaps

I thought this reddit post was pretty interesting relative to this discussion:

Analysis of Drum Corps Scores - Why Holding Back the Recaps isn't Working

Good stuff

Hiding the recaps is such a DCI thing to do. Makes no sense at all. If the judges (who we apparently think are dishonest) want to see the recaps, not posting them on dci.org is not going to stop them from getting them. Even beyond the public leaks, DCI judges are very connected and would have a much easier time getting their hands on the full recaps than any of us fans that actually do rely on dci.org.

Furthermore, does any one really think that judges will change the way they score based on the recaps? If they are biased towards a particular corps, how is preventing them from looking at prior recaps going to stop them from scoring their favorite corps higher and their less favorite corps lower? I'm not seeing the causal connection. The only thing that hiding the recaps might do is prevent a very dishonest judge from increasing the spread in their scores to make up for an anticipated low score for their favorite corps in another category. And if a judge is willing to consciously do that, there are plenty of ways to play favoritism without having the recaps in front of you.

Just another pointless decision to make the fans think they are taking complaints about judging bias seriously. In reality, they are taking away valuable information that fans have frequently relied on in the past.

• Like 1

well I know this:

Blue won drums, but was 4th on the field. Crown and Cadets tied for the field, Cadets 3rd up stairs, Crown 4, Cadets overall 4rd, Crown 4th....Vanguard 2nd, BD 5th. Crown won MA, the Bloo then BD

well I know this:

Blue won drums, but was 4th on the field. Crown and Cadets tied for the field, Cadets 3rd up stairs, Crown 4, Cadets overall 4rd, Crown 4th....Vanguard 2nd, BD 5th. Crown won MA, the Bloo then BD

Could you simplify? This is great info but I'm a little confused

Could you simplify? This is great info but I'm a little confused

well I know this:

I think its the following?

Overall Perc:

Bluecoats - 1st
SCV - 2nd
Cadets - 3rd
Crown - 4th
BD - 5th
Field:
Crown - 1st
Cadets - 1st
SCV - 3rd
Bluecoats - 4th

BD - 5th

Upstairs:

Bluecoats - 1st

SCV - 2nd
Cadets - 3rd
Crown - 4th
BD - 5th
Edited by Jeffe77

Yup

Overall Perc:

Bluecoats - 1st

SCV - 2nd

Cadets - 3rd

Crown - 4th

BD - 5th

Field:

Crown - 1st

Cadets - 1st

SCV - 3rd

Bluecoats - 4th

BD - 5th

Upstairs:

Bluecoats - 1st

SCV - 2nd

Cadets - 3rd

Crown - 4th

BD - 5th

Yup

Overall Perc:

Bluecoats - 1st

SCV - 2nd

Cadets - 3rd

Crown - 4th

BD - 5th

Field:

Crown - 1st

Cadets - 1st

SCV - 3rd

Bluecoats - 4th

BD - 5th

Upstairs:

Bluecoats - 1st

SCV - 2nd

Cadets - 3rd

Crown - 4th

BD - 5th

Is this for real?!?! BD 5th across the board and Crown 1st on the field?!?! :wow:

The recap was cropped so MA and perc showed and was posted on my Facebook page