No Detailed Recaps

As a Bluecoats fan, one thing that really caught my eye was their percussion content-achievement scores were 85-85, versus BDs 86-80. it seems BD has a lot of growth potential, while Bloo needs to add some content. Am I interpreting that correctly?

That's how i interpreted that as well. If the achievement number was higher than the content, than that means BD is outperforming their book. At least i think that's how it works. Based off of this, it seems percussion is BD's to lose once they clean up.

That's how i interpreted that as well. If the achievement number was higher than the content, than that means BD is outperforming their book. At least i think that's how it works. Based off of this, it seems percussion is BD's to lose once they clean up.

If they are able to do so without reducing the content.

Edited by mingusmonk

Very true, but cleanliness also makes content clearer, if I understand correctly, which should push both numbers up.

True. But i have no doubt BDs battery will rise to the occasion. But Crown and Coats battery are on fire this year too. Gonna be a barn burner for that Sanford.

• Like 2

As a Bluecoats fan, one thing that really caught my eye was their percussion content-achievement scores were 85-85, versus BDs 86-80. it seems BD has a lot of growth potential, while Bloo needs to add some content. Am I interpreting that correctly?

Or maybe the percussion judge was in Rhythm X and Crown when he marched. Hmmmmm - Coats were first in perc and Crown second. Funny how that worked out.

Or maybe the percussion judge was in Rhythm X and Crown when he marched. Hmmmmm - Coats were first in perc and Crown second. Funny how that worked out.

Or maybe Coats and Crown was 1-2 because they............wait for it..........deserved and earned it. And before you call me a homer of either of those corps i am a BD honk. But Coats and Crown was better last night in percussion fair and square.

• Like 5

it depends on the read. a better idea will be had this weekend when the field judge returns

wow - so much for integrity of all the individuals involved in abiding by the current rules process (not releasing recaps)

yeah cause you know, even staffs find the rule a joke

it depends on the read. a better idea will be had this weekend when the field judge returns

Undoubtably

Hello Folks, I am new to these forums and posted this also in the "Protect Recaps" forum as well. In response to the DCI voting members vote of 21-1 to no longer publish detailed recaps during the season; I also would have been the lone dissenter. In response, I sent the following to DCI earlier this year and thought it would be appropriate to post here as well. It gives a brief introduction of my involvement with drum corps and why I believe the recaps are important to both fan, alumni and performer alike.

I was introduced to drum corps when Allan Kristensen, who was in the percussion section of our high school band showed a film to the band about competitive drum corps. At that time my priniciple instrument was the bassoon. I was fascinated with what I saw and heard and then witnessed first hand at the Pacific Procession show in San Jose, CA. in 1975. After watching DCI Finals on PBS I was absolutely sold on drum corps and had to be a part of it. For the next two years I learned rudimental drumming from Steve Choarzy with the Knight Raiders. He was also teaching the Blue Devils snare line.

A few years later I auditioned and then performed with the Santa Clara Vanguard as a tenor drummer in 1978 and 1979. Our instructors at that time were Fred Sanford, Ralph Hardimon, Rob Carson, Curt Moore and Tony Romo. During the course of the competitive season, there was an intense battle between Percussion lines at each show on tour. This competitive rivalry was also present in the Color Guard and Brass captions. The detailed recaps given at each show and known by all, motivated us to improve our performance as we looked forward to rehearsals and the next time each corps would meet on tour. This healthy competitiveness between percussion lines, brass lines and color guards exists today as it did then and has always been a hallmark of DCI. Though your corps may not win, to win your caption was and is a separate competition in and of itself. Drum Corps alumni, fans and corps members also follow this caption competition throughout the summer tour. Since the formation of DCI this has always been a key component of the activity for fans and performers alike. I sincerley hope the idea to not not publish detailed recaps works for the benefit of all but I hope DCI would also be willing to rescind it if it does not. I have, as yourself developed a life long passion for drum corps. This news was a big let down for the reasons I mentioned. It will certainly add a bit of mystery to it all. Somehow, I think the results may get published anyway through social media. Anyways, just want say "Thank You" for all you do. Your podcasts are current, informative and an asset to this great activity we have all come to love. Looking forward.

Sincerely

Charles Houser

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab®4

• Like 2