Blue Knights 2016

RPK

So is their show finished? I've honestly always had a problem with BK because of that. Every year at Stanford, the show is not done. I don't understand it. If everyone else can get a complete show on the field, why can't they? It was especially disappointing last year, as they had one of my favorite shows of the season, and I only got to see about 8 minutes of it at Stanford. Every year we hear the same excuse - bad weather.

Edited by henry7184

So is their show finished? I've honestly always had a problem with BK because of that. Every year at Stanford, the show is not done. I don't understand it. If everyone else can get a complete show on the field, why can't they? It was especially disappointing last year, as they had one of my favorite shows of the season, and I only got to see about 8 minutes of it at Stanford. Every year we hear the same excuse - bad weather.

Every corps does spring training differently. Emphasis is put on different things among corps. BK seems to prefer to clean what they have first before adding on the rest of their show. Nothing wrong with that.

Every corps does spring training differently. Emphasis is put on different things among corps. BK seems to prefer to clean what they have first before adding on the rest of their show. Nothing wrong with that.

It works for them. Take a look at scores on the BK website. All scores from all world class corps are graphed for the season. BK had a steady upward climb the entire '15 season with the exception of one small "hiccup". No other corps can claim the same.

I mean, I'm not gonna lie. When I first saw that uniform I was wondering what the hell they were thinking.

Basically what I'm gathering from what Jackson and the other guy in the Vic Firth video, my take on the theme is starting over with humanity and making into something Utopian, perfect, futuristic, something like that.

I think the uniform ties into that. With the guard, they look like a sci-fi, futuristic version of the current uniform, what it'd look like in this new, Genesis to use their own words. Kind of the old, and the new. Past and the future.

At least that's my take on what I have gathered so far. I feel like that makes a lot of sense with the Great Event lyrics.

Talk about an interesting sounding show. What I've heard sounds amazing.

Edited by DrumManTx

Forgot to mention... I think I must have been sitting near a couple of DCP members at Englewood High School's stadium, because I heard them whisper an "Illuminati!" joke after Mark Arnold used the words "new world order" while introducing the show. :-)

That is never the reason why BK doesn't have a complete show at the beginning.

I'm feeling your pain, believe me. I wanted to see it done in Pasadena last year but, alas, no.

But they are far from the only one that doesn't have a complete show at the opening.

As far as I'm concerned they've all gotten lazy.

I can't wait to see them! What a show!

It sucks that the show is never finished in time for tour but I do think that it helps them peak at the right time