Blue Devils 2016

Only able to listen since I'm at work and my boss sits behind my cubicle but dammnnnn they sound amazing. Smell blue smoke and a 3peat

A 3-peat is about the only thing the A corps has yet to do (sooooo close a few times)...hell, the B corps beat them to THAT mark!

I'm actually shocked about the negative feedback. I was blown away at their performance level this early. This is a powerful show that again is maybe 25 percent complete. We just got a shell an I'm impressed. More so than previous years. They are really good. I guess for some people it has to be a home run from the start.

Its interesting how the two corps with the most championships are the most criticized on dcp but the two other corps within the top 4 have threads that are full of rainbows and unicorns.

• Like 2

Its interesting how the two corps with the most championships are the most criticized on dcp but the two other corps within the top 4 have threads that are full of rainbows and unicorns.

Bluecoats and SCV have not released a single thing so there isn't anything to criticize. Crown is just now receiving some criticism after showing off their show yesterday evening

Alot of it is the people from the other 4 threads coming into this one. I had negtive comments on a show I watched but would get attacked so said nevermind.

Not quite sure what I think of it yet. Does feel slightly like this current BD show design template might be getting to be "old hat," but the staff have a looooot of experience putting in extra layers as it goes.

Mike

Agreed. It's still "pre-season" but wasn't really pulled into what I saw. Seems all very familiar. The guard rifle/sabre line is wow but honestly even that is being done by Crownguard and they're more impressive this year from the vid I saw...Again the long season is yet to start and BD IS the corps to be so we'll see. Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

Pretty much every year BDA gets a lot of hate, but that comes with winning and sometimes doing shows that are not the most audience friendly. I do however think the past few years have been very audience friendly. We will just have to see what the shell of a show I saw in Pittsburg becomes over the summer. There is a lot to work with, but a lot of work to do!

I hear people on the show being a head-scratcher... The thing is, I have literally thought this about BD the june of every year since 2008. Every year! I never know what their shows are really up to until August, when the performers are up to the challenge of performing it and the staff has honed that performance into something that makes their intentions clearer.

So I'm gonna wait. But I like it so far! I'm a sucker for the music from Cape Fear, so the opener is already on my good side.

this show will be gnarly by this time in july.

2011 was a show i hated when i saw the preview performance because it was such a huge mess. by the end of july, it was completely different for me because they edited it well and performed the ever living #### out of it. that's happened a couple more times for 2010s BD for me.

• Like 1