Blue Devils 2016

That "edgy beat" that Skrillex and Bieber use throughout Where Are U is actually Bieber's voice. They just heavily distorted it to make it sound like it's just some electronic beat. Pretty cool if you think about it.

Haha i'm wrong then. It is straight up JB vocals! That's pretty neat.

saw a video of the preview show - guard is crazy good with obviously an incomplete show. The saber stuff = wow

That "wave" saber toss is one of those brilliant Chandler moments that is so simple, but so incredibly effective. It just instantly communicates.

Like the "stars" ballad tosses from last year, or the rifle stuff on the ladders.

• Like 1

Well, based on that video, we won't be hearing much complaining about them not moving a lot. They're hauling.

I love when the trombones are going at about a 3 to 5 while absolutely blowing their guts out (and sounding phenomenal). Simultaneous demand right there

WOW! I cannot wait to see where this show goes. Definitely an amazing visual package, and thats without guard uniforms and props, AND its only June 19th. By finals night this show I'm sure will be one of the top 2 visual designs of 2016 (maybe to be beaten by Bluecoats). The ballad was absolutely stunning as many people have said already. I personally didn't find the trombones/glissandi to be overdone. All in all, i'm super impressed by this show. I think its ahead it has the potentially to be even more emotionally powerful than INK. The ballad and closer are going to make people cry on finals night for sure.

• Like 1

Being honest, can't say I had a very positive reaction to that at all musically outside of the ballad which was pretty standard. It's surprisingly not very dense musically at times, they usually layer incredibly well.

They quote past shows a ton, sometimes it works, sometimes it works well and sometimes it sounds incredibly out of place.

Bieber part is..........interesting. Pretty much a sub in for the KPop part from last year.

I dunno, I'd appreciate the trombones a lot more if 90% of what they were doing were not glisses.

When I saw they were playing Mishima I was excited. Then they only used like 10 seconds of it.

Had a very positive reaction the last three years. Thought my opinion would improve greatly hearing the whole package after the last two videos I had seen. Can't say it really did that much.

Musically it seems like they took last years formula and subbed in different pieces and doesn't sound as cohesive.

Need to see and hear this one again.

Agreed. Seems very standard. The Shakespeare tie in is not obvious to me but I'm an idiot so probably me.

Not quite sure what I think of it yet. Does feel slightly like this current BD show design template might be getting to be "old hat," but the staff have a looooot of experience putting in extra layers as it goes.

Mike

• Like 1

Defcon 4 is a pretty low defense condition....Defcon levels go up as the number decreases...Defcon 2 was reached during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Defcon 1 means the missiles are about to fly.

Noted. Thanks.

To me I thought it sounded pretty good up until the JB part, it was really random I felt the same way about the K-pop part last year. When it ended in transitioned into some other piece, which felt kinda awkward to me. Overall a really good show everyone sounds great, I'd like to see the finished product as I'm not quite sold yet