Blue Devils 2016

Prospero is there. Upon seeing their run-through video that was taken in the days before Denver, he can be seen on one of the platforms at the very beginning of the show magically creating the "storm." He then exits the platform once the trombones start playing Cape Fear.

Probably need to do something with the staging to make him more prominent. I never noticed and I've been watching this show many times

• Like 1

Probably need to do something with the staging to make him more prominent. I never noticed and I've been watching this show many times

It was very clear on the multi feed last night, but it helped that the camera was trained on him.
  • Like 1

Everyone pump the brakes. It's July 19, show is probably 70% detailed/developed. The season is an ongoing process of formalizing what's been loosely staged and written. Focuses, characters, costuming and even drill "charts" are still in progress. The show will be finalized at Buffalo (after the show there), absent any "Clara" additions. It's just the way they do their shows, and I think it works well...judges have something new and/or improved at every viewing.

• Like 1

Everyone pump the brakes. It's July 19, show is probably 70% detailed/developed. The season is an ongoing process of formalizing what's been loosely staged and written. Focuses, characters, costuming and even drill "charts" are still in progress. The show will be finalized at Buffalo (after the show there), absent any "Clara" additions. It's just the way they do their shows, and I think it works well...judges have something new and/or improved at every viewing.

I'm a BD fan, I know how their development goes. Just acknowledging certain things that could use improvement. I would love nothing more than to see them three-peat this year. Edited by Cappybara

They mentioned the character before the season started and I saw him several shows in, "strirring the pot" to create the storm. Someone also dumps black fabric off a prop a bit later. Not sure if that is him or someone else.

I think in real life it is all easier to see, but with the online feed, you are subject to the whims of the cameramen, and end up missing a lot.

In other news, that bit where they spin flags from the middle of the props was much better last night than the previous show. Looks like more work will be added to it when they get to a comfort level. Much harder than it might seem, as they are totally spinning blind and have to operate solely on touch without any glances to help adjust the positioning of the flag.

• Like 2

For anyone curious, Chandler took inspiration for this year's uniform design from the Comme des Garçons Homme Plus 2016 collection.

rjU3t1V.jpg?1

6H7TZc2.jpg?1

Edited by gabe211
  • Like 1

For anyone curious, Chandler took inspiration for this year's uniform design from the Comme des Garçons Homme Plus 2016 collection.

rjU3t1V.jpg?1

6H7TZc2.jpg?1

What type of tie does one wear with that? regimental, plaid, solid, ...???

rjU3t1V.jpg?1

6H7TZc2.jpg?1

This makes me the uniforms a lot more

While the actual appeal of the fashion/design is completely subjective, I think it's neat he's looking at current fashion trends and taking inspiration from them.

Edited by gabe211
  • Like 1