Blue Devils 2016

Nobody is going to even get close the BD this year. At least a 1 pointer win on finals night. Maybe more.

Respectfully disagree. While i enjoy watching BD lay the smackdown from time to time, not this year. I do have BD winning this year, but it's gonna be close. Very close. Crown/Coats,Cadets are just too darn talented. Tomorrow night in Dekalb i have BD winning the show. But its gonna be .5 or less. And honestly i am even ok with BD losing some shows this year. They need to stay motivated and humbled. Sometimes getting your butt kicked and having your back against the wall is a good thing.

Nobody is going to even get close the BD this year. At least a 1 pointer win on finals night. Maybe more.

While I don't doubt they'll be near or at the top, I timed the amount of time the brass plays in this show and it's only 7:30 out of 11:30. That's 4 full minutes with no brass playing. I know the brass won't play the entire 11:30, but 4 minutes is an awful lot of non playing.

While I don't doubt they'll be near or at the top, I timed the amount of time the brass plays in this show and it's only 7:30 out of 11:30. That's 4 full minutes with no brass playing. I know the brass won't play the entire 11:30, but 4 minutes is an awful lot of non playing.

Honestly it bothers me too that there are so many points in a show where the brass isn't playing, but that's a general comment towards every corps, not just BD. And honestly, 7:30 is still longer than some corps. But more importantly, the length of the brass playing isn't on the sheets at all so corps playing less of the show will continue to happen without any sort of penalty. Count how much time the brass plays in Felliniesque, I doubt it's more than 7:30.

• Like 1

Respectfully disagree. While i enjoy watching BD lay the smackdown from time to time, not this year. I do have BD winning this year, but it's gonna be close. Very close. Crown/Coats,Cadets are just too darn talented. Tomorrow night in Dekalb i have BD winning the show. But its gonna be .5 or less. And honestly i am even ok with BD losing some shows this year. They need to stay motivated and humbled. Sometimes getting your butt kicked and having your back against the wall is a good thing.

i don't know if bd is conveying the show's concept all that well right now. that'll change for sure. they're the best at doing that year in and out by the time august comes around. until it's all resolved, i see the scores being pretty close as you were saying.

i also doubt they'll be as finalized in their decisions in the first couple of big contests as bloo will be, so GE will be really interesting to compare among the top corps.

cadets have crazy content musically and visually, and they're making very effective re-writes, imo, so you can't take them for granted.

the open-endedness of dci's scorig rubrics and bloo's choice to go full WGI sets things up to be really telling about the activity's future. i care a lot less about the decimal points, and more about the ordinals at finals.

• Like 3

For comparison, someone on the Prediction Thread timed the Cavies show at 6 minutes and 8 seconds of brass line playing. Seems to be the way things are going now that there is other instrumentation, sampling, drum solos, etc....I do not have a problem with it.

Jeez I was always sick of those 70's shows that had TWO drum solos! At least they only have one! What about the guard hiding behind the big props? It's not fair I tell ya.

Jeez I was always sick of those 70's shows that had TWO drum solos! At least they only have one! What about the guard hiding behind the big props? It's not fair I tell ya.

My biggest concern...Is the guard smoking behind the props? That used to happen with the bleachers in school and it was against the rules. I hope the guard isn't breaking any rules......

Edited by Fish
  • Like 1