C2 vs everyone

Having an actual MM commenting ruins half the fun of making wild guesses and interesting far flung irrelevant references to back in the day.

• Like 4

Having an actual MM commenting ruins half the fun of making wild guesses and interesting far flung irrelevant references to back in the day.

Well Screamer has given you another alternative. Explain that photo that goes with his screen name. Good luck.

HERE! HERE! totallyfree, that's the spirit!

Lets get back to irrelevance, I have the right, I started this thread...

I was 12 when I joined drum corps and the average age was 18.5 and I am pretty sure I was the only 3rd soprano that didn't have an ash tray on his horn case. How 'bout that!!!

I think "soil" is a rather negative term here. If they wish to emphasize "Youth" and all that entails, that's fine with me! But I never felt "soiled" when I performed for 6 seasons with adults older than 26, man. I was enriched by the experience.

Same here.

I was a deer-in-the-headlights rookie in '77. Coming from a local-circuit junior corps that couldn't get out of its own way in 1975 and '76 (didn't break a 60 on the scoresheets for two seasons...yikes) to a DCA title contender. A different world, to say the least.

I relied on the 20-and-30-somethings (and beyond) in the corps... the ones who had been around the Sunrisers in particular, and all-age corps in general, for a while... for guidance.

Not that I always listened to that advice and guidance... but hey, I was a hopelessly naive knucklehead back then. :tongue:

• Like 1

oh, you are being so cavalier about this!

Looks like spring asparagus to me. LOL.

HERE! HERE! totallyfree, that's the spirit!

Lets get back to irrelevance, I have the right, I started this thread...

I was 12 when I joined drum corps and the average age was 18.5 and I am pretty sure I was the only 3rd soprano that didn't have an ash tray on his horn case. How 'bout that!!!

Had you placed an ashtray on your case and a pack of smokes in your pocket.................

.................you maybe could had been on lead right outta the gate!!!! :silly:

the "smokes" were mostly rolled up in there sleeves... :cool:

• Like 1