The Academy 2016 - The Drum Corpse Bride

I'm really looking forward to seeing The Academy next Saturday in Minneapolis!

• Like 1

Still obsessed with this show. Anyone have any updates as to changes possibly being made?

Still obsessed with this show. Anyone have any updates as to changes possibly being made?

Someone mentioned in another thread earlier this evening that Academy is making major changes to the closer. We will see Saturday!!

• Like 1

I am a proud alum of The Academy. I'm so happy to see so much love for them! What a spectacular show. :babies:

• Like 2

I really love the show from Academy this year. I think they are the only corps who didn't make finals last year that has a shot of making it this year. But whether or not that happens, this is still an amazing show. Extremely entertaining, the audiences really love it. I can't wait to see what this show becomes by August, but enjoying watching it all season long as well. Good luck to Academy on hopefully becoming the next new corps to finals. And special thanks to all the staff and arrangers for putting together such an awesome show for these talented young performers.

• Like 3

I really love the show from Academy this year. I think they are the only corps who didn't make finals last year that has a shot of making it this year. But whether or not that happens, this is still an amazing show. Extremely entertaining, the audiences really love it. I can't wait to see what this show becomes by August, but enjoying watching it all season long as well. Good luck to Academy on hopefully becoming the next new corps to finals. And special thanks to all the staff and arrangers for putting together such an awesome show for these talented young performers.

I find this to be the most exciting thing about drum corps - whether or not a new corps has a shot at finals. We all know how much effort it takes on all levels to get there. Hats off to Academy!!!

Edited by luv4corps

One of the people sitting in front of us in Riverside felt the same way; she that Academy was the "best". She was an old school guard person who marched in the 70s.

I recall the same wonderful reaction that Academy is receiving this season all across the country, by a Corps she would no doubt recall from back then too... the Velvet Knights. The Academy's 2016 show is one of my favorites of all the Corps this season as well.

Edited by BRASSO

I am really wanting to see this show, seeing at how they seem to be looking to make it into finals.

Next Thursday cannot get here fast enough.